The best winter sun holidays with babies and toddlers have to be easy. So we’ve found you some destinations with direct flights and no long haul. They’re all sunny, even in January and February. And most are off-season which means lower hotel prices and fewer crowds.
Choose Lanzarote for easy going winter sun holidays
Lanzarote is always on our list of best winter sun holidays, as direct UK flights take just over four hours and you can expect average temperatures of 23° in December. It’s also a year round destination now, so most places are open all over the island. In fact the only real difference between summer and winter is fewer crowds, and that’s a bonus with younger kids.
The Princess Yaiza Suite Hotel sits right on Playa Blanca
- Amazing choice of family rooms
- Kids clubs, play areas and family pools
- Less than 30 minutes from Lanzarote Airport
- Five swimming pools, eight restaurants
- Five family beaches within five minutes of resort
Madeira is fun and sunny for family winter breaks
Think Madeira for winter sun breaks with younger kids and enjoy December temperatures of 23°, less than four hours from the UK. Very friendly, easy to get around and a lot of fun for families, Madeira’s definitely not just for retirees and gardeners. But it is gorgeously green, has lots of buggy-friendly walking trails, as well as cable cars into the mountains, and island hopping too.
Quinta da Casa Branca sits in its own banana plantation
- Boutique hotel and historic manor house
- Huge tropical gardens and banana plantation
- Choice of rooms and suites
- Two restaurants, two swimming pools
- Babysitting and childcare services
Sunny Dubai is less than seven hours from the UK
Dubai has become a go-to destination for winter sun holidays, especially as direct UK flights take less than seven hours. And it’s not just a little sunny in December here, average temperatures sit around 26°. That’s perfect beach weather, which is handy because Dubai has many perfect, Arabian Gulf beaches. And because winter is high-season here, expect it to be lively with lots going on. Although if you want to escape, it’s also a good time of year for desert adventures.
Fairmont The Palm sits on its own private beach
- Five star family resort
- Private beach, four swimming pools, 11 restaurants
- Wide choice of family rooms and suites
- Kids Club and Junior Splash Park
- Shuttle service to Downtown Dubai
Gran Canaria brings beach weather to winter sun holidays
Gran Canaria is just over four hours from the UK. There are direct flights to the island all winter, and temperatures average in at about 22° in December. The 60km coast is lined with beaches, but don’t miss Las Palmas, the surprisingly un-touristy island capital. And if you’re up for exploring, hire a car and go see why diverse Gran Canaria gets described as a ‘continent in miniature’.
Five star Hotel Riu Palace Oasis in sunny Maspalomas
- Five star family resort
- Good choice of rooms and suites
- Restaurant, swimming pool, kids club
- Minutes from five family beaches
- Less than 30 minutes from Las Palmas airport
Fascinating Marrakesh is an easy flight for under fives
Marrakesh feels so different from everywhere else, it should be long haul, yet it’s only three hours and 40 minutes from the UK. Temperatures average 22° in December, so just right for wandering round beautiful gardens and exploring the Medina. This is undoubtedly one of the world’s most intriguing cities, but you’ll be surprised at how kid-friendly it is as well.
Find stunning Royal Mansour in Marrakesh Medina
- Enormous family rooms and suites
- Beautiful gardens
- Restaurants, swimming pools, spa
- Kids Clubs and childcare services
- Close to most major Marrakesh sights
This article contains affiliate links. We may earn commission when you click on them. This does not influence our editorial standards. We only recommend products and services we believe will enhance your family travel experience.