Culture-rich holidays designed to captivate kids
Infusing a family holiday with cultural experiences whilst keeping it light is a clever stunt to pull off; Elegant Resorts do it all the time.
With over thirty years’ experience, Elegant Resorts are experts in choosing luxury resorts with just the right balance of fun and learning.
Handpicking every resort individually, they leave nothing to chance when it comes to essentials like fantastic kids clubs, outdoor activities, and gorgeous settings.
It’s time to travel to the authentic heart of some of the world’s most fascinating countries so have a look at four destinations where Elegant Resorts show that culture is just another part of the amazing adventure for kids.
1/4 Tangalle, Sri Lanka
Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort couldn’t be more aptly named. Sitting on the unspoiled south coast of Sri Lanka, surrounded by the lush grounds of a one-time coconut plantation, and overlooking the Indian Ocean, it’s the very essence of escapism.
Don’t worry, tranquil doesn’t translate as dull. Between the resort’s innovative clubs, masses of water sports and beachy fun, kids won’t have time for boredom. For little artists, experience traditional craft classes with local artisans, or adventurers can borrow bikes and go exploring.
Ritipanna fishermen still work the waters around local towns and villages here. Or, to really get on the wild side, this area’s also world famous for migrating whales and nesting turtles, at the right time of year.
Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort
- Five star luxury resort, beachfront, on Sri Lanka’s stunning south coast.
- One and two bedroom villas with pools; garden and beachfront family suites.
- Kids clubhouse and dedicated family pool areas.
- Water sports on the Indian Ocean, and kids tuition at Anantara Surf Centre.
- Six restaurants and bars, including the exciting Verele Teppanyaki Bar.
- Anantara Ayurvedic Spa and wellness centre.
- Wewurukannala Temple and Mulkirigala Rock Monastery are both just a short drive from Peace Haven.
- Nearby Tangalle is one of the prettiest towns on the south coast, and the impressive colonial city of Galle is just over an hour west of Peace Haven.
- Seven nights in a Premier Beach Access Room at Anantara Peace Haven, from £5640 per family of three.