The fabulous 10 Vrbo European Holiday Homes of the Year are all in this summer’s favourite family holiday destinations. Think villas in Greece and Portugal, a beach house in Brittany, a luxurious mountain retreat in Majorca and even a magnificent Grand Designs’ property in Norfolk.
After 25 years of matching people and properties, Vrbo knows exactly what families like yours want in a holiday home, from private swimming pools to kid-friendly beaches, great views and fun place to visit nearby. So once you’ve admired these outstanding properties, take a look at the choice of similar Vrbo properties now available to rent this summer and autumn in Spain, Portugal, Greece, Croatia, France, Germany and all over the UK.
Seafront holiday home, Finistère, Brittany: sleeps 6
This contemporary house in Brittany is filled with light and offers incredible sea views. As well as being close to beautiful beaches, there’s safe cycling nearby too. It’s a perfect holiday home for active families and, in more good news, the ferry port at Roscoff is less than an hour’s drive away.
- Four bedrooms and three bathrooms; spacious open-plan kitchen/living/dining room.
- The outdoor terrace features a whirlpool bath with spectacular views.
- A pretty seaside garden surrounds the heated outdoor swimming pool.
- Villa is set in Landéda, minutes from several lovely beaches.
- You’ll find bike hire, boat hire and kayak hire are all available nearby.
- The historic city of Brest is less than 30 minutes’ drive south.
Villa San Piero, Chianti, Tuscany: sleeps 10
Stunning Villa San Piero sits between Florence and Siena at the heart of Italy’s Chianti region. Although it was built in the 13th century, the house has been thoughtfully renovated to create a welcoming family home. We think kids will love the large garden, complete with infinity pool. And you can look forward to gorgeous, typically Tuscan views in every direction.
- Five bedrooms and five bathrooms; kitchen; living room; large dining room; outdoor terraces.
- A large, enclosed garden with infinity pool and charming former church, San Piero in Chianti.
- An idyllic countryside setting surrounded by vineyards.
- The villa is less than an hour’s drive south of Florence and 45 minutes’ north of Siena.
- Naturally, since you’re in Chianti country, you’ll also find several excellent wineries nearby too.
Balinese-style holiday home, Valldemossa, Majorca: sleeps 6
On the edge of Valldemossa, one of the loveliest villages in Majorca, this Balinese-style villa is a dream for families. Some of your nearest neighbours are the World Heritage Tramuntana Mountains and you have stunning sunset views over the sea. However, kids may be most taken with the garden, swimming pool and Missy, the garden cat.
- Three bedrooms and three bathroom; kitchen; living room; dining room; outdoor terraces.
- Large, private garden with swimming pool and sun terraces.
- Close to the historic mountain village of Valldemossa and excellent local restaurants.
- Port de Valldemossa, beaches and cala, all within 10 minutes drive.
- Less than 30 minutes drive from Palma de Mallorca.
- The famous village of Deia is 15 minutes away and lively Port de Soller is nearby too.
Villa Savannah Almancil, Algarve: sleeps 13
Villa Savannah is a beautiful villa set in Almancil in central Algarve. It’s just a few minutes from Vale do Lobo beach and legendary Praia da Falesia is also nearby. Waterparks on the doorstep and the short drive from Faro airport makes this holiday home especially appealing to families.
- Five bedrooms and five bathrooms; kitchen; living room; outdoor dining terrace.
- Extensive, enclosed garden with large swimming pool and traditional brick-built BBQ.
- A short drive from the coast and incredible Algarve beaches.
- Excellent Aquashow Waterpark is a few minutes away.
- Almancil is known for superb restaurants and golfers can take their pick of outstanding local courses.
Villa Orlaya, Kalami, Corfu: sleeps 6
Villa Orlaya is the ideal family holiday in Corfu. It is not only set in a wonderful location close to beaches and World Heritage Corfu Town, it’s also amazingly well equipped. All bedrooms have private balconies with great views. And if you’re travelling with younger children, you’ll be pleased to know a wide range of baby equipment is also available, you only have to ask.
- Three bedrooms and three bathrooms; kitchen; living room; outdoor terraces.
- Private outdoor space with pool, sun terraces, BBQ and gazebo.
- A short drive from several east coast beaches and pretty fishing villages.
- World Heritage Corfu Town is 40 minutes’ drive south of Villa Orlaya.
- The villa overlooks pretty Kalami Bay and has stunning sea views.
Trullo Santo Stefano, San Michele Salentino, Puglia: sleeps 7
This is a rare opportunity to stay in a traditional trullo house in the Puglia region of south east Italy. Trullo Santo Stefano has no fewer than 11 iconic, conical roofs and sits in manicured gardens dotted with fruit trees. Expect to be enchanted and you will not be disappointed.
When it’s hot out, take a dip in the swimming pool or go inside, where every bedroom and living space feature an aircon. You won’t have to venture outside Trullo Santo Stefano, as the property features a barbecue and a cosy wood burning oven, so dinners are sorted – but the traditional Apulian cuisine is not to be missed.
- Three bedrooms and two bathrooms; kitchen; living room; outdoor terraces.
- Beautifully landscaped garden with fruit trees and mature planting.
- Outdoor swimming pool, BBQ and wood-burning oven.
- The famous ‘white’ town of Ostuni is 20 minutes’ drive away.
- Several of Puglia’s historic coastal towns, beaches and lidos are under 30 minutes from Trullo Santo Stefano.
Waldhaus, Ankum, south west Germany: sleeps 8
Looking a lot like a fairy tale gingerbread house, this holiday home sits in a peaceful forest close to Osnabrück, in north west Germany. A recent renovation has transformed the interior into a minimalist design marvel, complete with an in-house library and cute, cabin-style beds that kids will adore.
- Four bedrooms and three bathrooms; living room; kitchen ; outdoor terrace.
- Outdoor heated hot tub and wood-fired barrel sauna in garden.
- Bremen is the only town named in a Grimm’s Fairy Tale and it’s an hour’s drive away.
- TERRA.vita Nature Park is within walking distance of the house.
- There are direct UK flights to Bremen Airport year round.
Villa Arbanessa, Ciovo Island, Croatia: sleeps 8
If you crave an island adventure this summer, this could be your perfect family holiday home. Set in the historic island town of Trogir on Croatia’s Adriatic coast, it’s seafront so the views are sensational. If you can tear yourself away from the sun terraces and heated pool, the surrounding island of Ciovo is also great fun to explore.
- Three bedrooms and three bathroom; kitchen; living room; outdoor sun terraces.
- The villa has a fabulous swimming pool as well as a Balinese bed and hot tub.
- Enjoy sea views and the beach, which is just a stone throw away from the house.
- Charming Trogir town is famously historic and pretty, but also great for restaurants.
- Ciovo island is typically Croatian and known for sweet coves, pretty Mediterranean beaches and lovely walks.
Haute-Savoie holiday home, Saint-Jean-de-Sixt, France: sleeps 11
This authentic Alpine chalet sits in a pretty valley close to the historic town of Annecy in Haute-Savoie. It’s absolutely ideal for families and the garden even comes with fun toys for younger kids. Grown-ups will lose their hearts to the mountains views from the outdoor sauna.
- Four bedrooms and three bathrooms; living room; kitchen; outdoor terrace.
- Large garden with kids’ toys, barrel sauna and swimming pool.
- Lake Annecy and the gorgeous canal town of Annecy are a short drive away.
- The local area is famous for hiking trails, many of them easy-going enough for kids.
- Direct UK flights to Geneva take less than two hours and Geneva Airport is an easy drive from Saint-Jean-de-Sixt.
North Norfolk holiday home, Fakenham: sleeps 8
When a property receives both UK and European Holiday Home of the Year awards, you know it’s exciting. This unique family house in Norfolk even incorporates an original Gothic chapel and has the added attraction of having been featured on Grand Designs.
- Four bedrooms and four bathrooms; open-plan kitchen/living/dining room; private garden.
- Named UK and European Holiday Home of the Year.
- Unique architecture incorporates a romantic Gothic chapel in the house design.
- A short drive from the Norfolk coast and beaches like Holkham Bay.
- Holkham National Nature Reserve is nearby and charming Wells-Next-the-Sea is one of the nearest towns.
Vrbo has one of Europe’s widest selections of whole holiday homes to rent in 2022. All the properties booked through the Vrbo website are covered by their Book With Confidence Guarantee. And on the planning front, Vrbo’s Trip Board feature lets families share the fun of choosing a holiday home; which keeps everyone happy and takes the stress out of multi-gen family holiday plans. You can even get together and take Virtual Tours of a variety of Vrbo holiday rentals in Europe now. And if a walkthrough isn’t quite enough to answer all your questions, just ask the Vrbo Virtual Assistant, available online 24/7 for help and advice.