What to Pack for a Family Ski Vacation
- Lots of layers. Vests, t-shirts and long-sleeved tops.
- Ski Socks. These will make ski boots comfier. Take about four or five pairs per person.
- Ski gloves. It’s worth taking two pairs each. Mittens generally keep hands warmer and if it’s really cold, take glove liners.
- Goggles. To protect eyes from snow and sun.
- A Warm Hat. For early season skiing we’d also recommend a balaclava (or helmetclava, which is worn under the helmet).
- Helmets. These can be rented in resorts alongside skis. If you want to invest in your own don’t buy online, you should go into a shop and make sure it fits properly.
- Ski Jacket. If you’re going at the end of the season you may like to take a thinner waterproof jacket.
- Ski Pants
- Snow Boots
- Sun Cream and Lip Balm
- Backpacks. Great for carrying your essentials while out on the slopes for the day.
- Walkie Talkies. Great for communicating across mountains.
Top tip: You will be able to buy everything you need in the ski resort, but it will be a lot more expensive