Great value, term-time glamping breaks for under fivesSponsored
2/10 Bude, Cornwall
Cornwall’s west coast is bucket and spade territory, land of huge beaches, cute seaside towns and mighty castles, that seem perfect for under 5’s. Ready Camp’s Bude site is just a tiny stroll from the sands at Crackington Haven and a short drive to historic Bude . You can pop on your history hat and explore legendary Tintagel in minutes or head to Padstow for that other great Cornwall tradition: fish and chips by the sea.
Perfect for under fives
- Beautiful Prideaux Place estate just outside Padstow, is seen in BBC’s Poldark, but under fives will probably be more impressed by the fabulous Deer Park. Go for feeding time, and look out for ‘snowflake’, the pure white doe.
- Hire bikes with kid trailers in Padstow and cycle the traffic-free 5.5 mile stretch of the famous Camel Trail from Padstow to Wadebridge.
- Crackington Haven Beach is just 10 minutes drive from Bude. Popular at weekends, it’s peaceful for paddling, picnics and playing, mid-week.
- You know you’re on a favoured stretch of North Cornwall’s coast when magnificent, Arthurian legend-steeped, Tintagel Castle is only 20 minutes drive away.
- Padstow Harbour is a crabbing hotspot. Local shops sell fishing lines (and bait, if you forget to bring a bit of bacon). Then, all you need is a bit of patience and a fascinated under five for company. It’s catch and release, of course.
Safari Glamping Tent for up to six (max. four adults): furnished two bedroom tent with kitchen, living room, covered outdoor dining veranda.
Bude Campsite: countryside setting, 10 minutes drive from Bude and the North Cornwall coast.
Ready Camp site facilities: children’s play park; parent & baby room; washing machines; showers; WIFI.
Price: 4 nights (Mon-Fri) from £184 per family.