What happens when an idyllic Indian Ocean archipelago invites Hard Rock Hotel to come stay and play?
You don’t have to wait long to find out. Hard Rock Hotel Maldives opens this summer at the heart of Emboodhoo Lagoon, The Maldives’ first ‘integrated resort destination’ just 15 minutes by boat from Malé International Airport – if you’re wondering what an ‘integrated resort destination’ is exactly, more on that later.
For now, take a look at how rule-breaking Hard Rock Hotel has managed to harmonise perfectly with paradise in The Maldives.
1/4 Hard Rock’s lux-loaded take on family holidays
Hard Rock are genius when it comes to selecting hotel locations and Hard Rock Hotel Maldives is no exception.
Set on its own coral island the hotel’s also a masterclass in cool contemporary design. Think regal beach cabanas and sleek overwater villas; fresh takes on traditions like thatched roofs and wooden walkways; heaps of astonishing original art; restaurants woven round remarkable views, and of course, plenty gorgeousness effortlessly supplied by enormous white sand beaches and swathes of lush, jungle-like forest – not forgetting a generous share of iconic stately palms.
Sounds idyllic? It is. But it’s also great fun for families and packed with potential for adventuring and exploring. You can be as sporty or arty as you want, learn something new every day, make your own personal playlist, sign up for Rock Om and practice yoga whenever the mood takes you or discover the divinely indulgent Rock Spa while kids are off whooping it up at the hotel’s fantastic kids clubs.
And the kids clubs at Hard Rock Hotel Maldives are truly fantastic. Just prepare to feel a little abandoned occasionally, unless you can compete with a ridiculously fresh line-up of activities and the sheer energy of Roxtars – the amazing crew in charge of everything from brilliant beach games to aerial acrobatics, DJ sessions and self-defence classes, water sports or just about anything else likely to excite Hard Rock’s youngest VIPs.
- Roxity Kids Club – indoor, outdoor and all-round playtime for four to 12 year olds under the supervision of Hard Rock’s handpicked Roxtars crew.
- Teen Spirit Club – as cool as 13 to 18 year olds like to think they are and up for as much fun as they really are.
- All-day eating feeds kids when they’re hungry with Pan-Latin treats at The Elephant and The Butterfly, big breakfast buffets from oceanfront Sessions, snacks at the Swim-Up Pool Bar or feasts from iconic Hard Rock Cafe.
- Innovative and beachy Rock Spa soothes you in chic cabanas with Indian Ocean views – book a Jam Session for kids at Roxity or Teen Spirit and indulge, guilt free.
- The Sound of Your Stay programme lets you and the kids curate the unforgettable soundtrack to go with your holiday, all holiday long.
Discover family-friendly fun at Hard Rock Hotel Maldives
2/4 Rest, rewind and dream big at Hard Rock Hotel Maldives
Hard Rock Hotel Maldives doesn’t do ordinary, so raise your expectations and look forward to extraordinary accommodation with an abundance of luxury and endless ways to customise your stay whether that’s creating a holiday soundtrack or choosing perfect pillows from the pillow menu.
- Silver Studios and Duplex Suites come with ocean views or direct beach access, and the two bedroom Silver Family Suite includes cute bunkbeds for kids.
- Enormously roomy villas are overwater, by the beach or on the lagoon – star treatment is standard whichever style you choose.
- All sleeps are on Simmons ‘Cool Max’ beds with 300 thread count bedlinen and your choice of pillows.
- Suites and villas all have an outdoor deck or balcony with sunbeds.
- All suites and villas have a Sound Bar with Bluetooth connectivity.
- Rock Om brings yoga in-room whenever you like.
- Any baby or toddler equipment you need, just ask and you’ll find it ready and waiting in your suite or villa.
- And older kids and teens can expect tons of in-room treats from lush diva-like bathrobes to cooler than cool guitars for the borrowing and even decks that do vinyl – oh yes.
Take a tour of family suites and villas at Hard Rock Hotel Maldives
3/4 Explore the extraordinary Marina @CROSSROADS Maldives
The Maldives is famous for exclusive resort islands floating adrift in the Indian Ocean connected to nothing but sea breezes and solitude. Which might very well suit the escapist you think you are, but in reality most families start to yearn for something a little more than splendid isolation very quickly.
Welcome to Marina @Crossroads Maldives, the country’s first ever entertainment-only island, set in the Emboodhoo Lagoon, just 15 minutes by boat from Malé International Airport and a mere 500m by footbridge from the island home of Hard Rock Hotel Maldives.
Imagine the Mediterranean chill of Ibiza. Insert some classic Americana courtesy of Hard Rock Cafe. Throw in an 800m long tropical white sand beach heaped with water sports, lazing spots, cool bars, restaurants and fun beach camps and clubs just for kids and teens. Then add a stunning marina, an eco-aware Marine Discovery Centre and almost 500m² of event space – with a year-round entertainment line up to match. And that’s just the basics of the Crossroads Maldives® concept.
So if you’ve always like the idea of The Maldives, but thought it might be a little too on the paradise-peaceful side for a family holiday, the combo of Hard Rock Hotel and Crossroads® is a game-changer on that front.
- The Maldives’ first integrated resort destination, Crossroads Maldives® is linked directly to Hard Rock Hotel Maldives’ private island by a 500m footbridge across the Emboodhoo Lagoon.
- Kids can try snorkelling and scuba at the Marine Discovery Centre – or simply learn about the country’s amazing and unique eco-system.
- Older kids and teens will love Koimala & Maalimi’s Junior Beach Club and Camp.
- Iconic Hard Rock Cafe is even more of a legend with direct access to Crossroads Maldives® 800m long beach.
- Café del Mar is a slice of Ibiza club vibe at the edge of the Indian Ocean.
- No shortage of exciting shopping opps for retail enthusiasts.
- 15 minutes by boat from Malé International Airport.
Dip into Emboodhoo Lagoon and see Crossroads Maldives® for yourself
4/4 Families come first at Hard Rock Hotel Maldives right now Marina @CROSSROADS Maldives
Family suite for four from £380 per night
From £380 per night, based on two adults and two children sharing and includes:
- Round trip transfers from Malé International Airport.
- Daily buffet breakfast at Hard Rock Hotel’s Sessions Restaurant.
- Free meals for kids under six years.
- 50% off meals for kids age six to 11 years.
- Access to Roxity Kids Club and Teen Spirit Club.
- Access to Marine Discovery Centre at Crossroads Maldives®.
- Full use of snorkelling and non-motorised water sports equipment.
Find out more about family launch offers at Hard Rock Hotel Maldives
Hard Rock Hotel Maldives, Emboodhoo Lagoon, The Maldives
Part of Crossroads Maldives® integrated resort destination.
How to get there
Direct UK flights to Malé take from 10 hours, 20 minutes.
Hard Rock Hotel Maldives is 15 minutes by boat from Malé International Airport.