If you think family holidays in the Algarve begin and end with beautiful beaches, it’s time to discover Golden Club Cabanas at the heart of Ria Formosa Natural Park.
Ria Formosa Natural Park in eastern Algarve is one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal. It’s a wild and lovely landscape of barrier islands and mysterious marshland washed by the Atlantic. Protected and undeveloped, you’ll find some of Europe’s rarest wildlife here as well as migratory birds and unusual plants. It’s also home to Golden Club Cabanas, an out of the ordinary family hotel in one of the Algarve’s most extraordinary settings.
But it’s not Ria Formosa alone that makes this exceptional hotel an incredibly good choice for family holidays in the Algarve. Quite a bit of credit also goes to its thoughtful approach to accommodation and amazing range of activities. Of course there are beautiful beaches here too. In fact the hotel’s beach isn’t just lovely, it sits on its own island which guests sail to on a private boat. Just one of the many adventures for kids to get excited about at Golden Club Cabanas.
Algarve apartment freedom with the ease of a family hotel
It goes without saying that as part of Ria Formosa Natural Park, Golden Club Cabanas has been carefully designed. Even the colour palette of whites, blues and greens harmonises with the surrounding landscape. However, you aren’t expected to compromise to stay in this lovely environment, quite the opposite.
From comfortable studios to spacious two-bedroom apartments, all accommodation comes complete with a fully-equipped kitchen, living/dining space and outdoor terrace. You can choose to self-cater or combine self-catering with occasional meals at the hotel restaurant or even opt for an all-inclusive holiday which gives you the freedom of a family apartment and freedom from cooking, if you prefer it that way.
- All apartment buildings are low-rise, harmoniously designed and surrounded by pretty gardens.
- Families have a choice of studio, one and two bedroom apartments, sleeping up to four.
- Every apartment has a fully equipped kitchen, living area and a private, outdoor terrace.
- Simple, uncluttered contemporary interior design is ideal for kids.
- Families can choose to self-cater or opt for either half-board or all-inclusive.
- The hotel restaurant is buffet style, which works for families with younger children. However, it also specialises in authentic, regional dishes and fresh, local ingredients.
- The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and the hotel also has two bars, both with outdoor terraces.
Sail away to a beach that’s peaceful but still Algarve beautiful
Waterfront Golden Club Cabanas sits on the edge of a lagoon facing a long, golden stretch of sand. That’s Cabanas Island and as a hotel guest you can sail to the beach any time you like. Although the boat ride across the lagoon takes no time at all, kids are still thrilled by the experience because it’s so unusual. As for parents, there’s the pleasure of finding a stunning seven kilometre long stretch of Algarve beach without any of the usual crowds. The views are unforgettable and there’s nothing here but serenity. However, for times when you want beachfront restaurants and water sports, you’ll find find all that at several other local beaches which are also easy to reach from the hotel.
Every day is a fresh, new experience at Golden Club Cabanas
Not only does Golden Club Cabanas give you the space and freedom of your own apartment and the ease of a family hotel, it’s also dedicated to making sure its youngest guests have as much fun as possible on holiday.
The hotel offers a wide range of sport’s facilities as well as swimming pools and the fun of an island beach so there’s plenty to do as a family. If you want a little grown-up holiday time, your children will love the Kids Club. Created especially for four to 12 year olds it features a fresh weekly activity programme which can include anything from learning circus skills to creative play. Plus, it’s a warm, safe environment, the club’s staff are all multi-lingual and there’s a cute club mascot, name of Leo, so even younger kids feel at home right away.
- A choice of three swimming pools gives families more than enough room to splash about.
- The 50m lake pool overlooking the lagoon is particularly popular with kids.
- For complete relaxation head indoors to the Health Club which includes a pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam baths.
- Sporty families can get active on the beach volleyball or multi-game courts.
- The hotel rents bicycles for all ages so you can explore Ria Formosa Natural Park and the surrounding area.
Take the opportunity to discover Eastern Algarve
Between the activities and wellness facilities, lovely private beach and Kids Club, there’s a lot going on at Golden Club Cabanas. However, Eastern Algarve is stunning so you’ll probably want to explore a little beyond the hotel while you’re here.
- Discover Ria Formosa Natural Park by bike, on foot or by boat. Guided tours are also available and a great way to learn about the park with older kids.
- Hire bikes at the hotel and cycle through the nature reserve and salt pans to the historic town of Tavira.
- Tavira makes a great day out with kids, not only is it one of the prettiest towns in Portugal, it’s famously historic and known for authentic Algarve restaurants.
- Don’t miss a stroll along the view-rich boardwalk at the nearby fishing village of Cabanas de Tavira.
- As well as having the warmest stretch of the Atlantic in the Algarve, the east is also where you’ll find traditional farms, charming local markets, quieter roads and hill towns untouched by tourism.
- If no holiday in the Algarve is complete without a round of golf, there are six excellent courses within easy reach of Golden Club Cabanas.
- The regional capital, Faro, is a lively small city and less than an hour’s drive from the hotel.
Save 10% on family holidays at Golden Club Cabanas
Book a family holiday at Golden Club Cabanas and save 10% with promocode FAMILYTRAVELLER
Stay dates can be any time between 22 September 2022 and 31 May 2023. Bookings must be made by 31 October 2022.
Where is Golden Club Cabanas
Golden Club Cabanas is in Ria Formosa Natural Park, Eastern Algarve. Just 40km east of Faro Airport and 10 minutes’ drive from Tavira.
How to get there
Year-round direct flights to Faro from several UK airports take from 2 hours, 50 minutes.
Ready to discover one of the most extraordinary hotels in the Algarve? Visit Golden Club Cabanas and remember, book by 31 October 2022 and you save 10% on family holidays between 22 September 2022 and 31 May 2023.