Family holidays in Corsica from £315 per week
Corsica is well known for its charming mix of Franco-Italian culture, but when it comes to great value family holidays, the island’s true French identity is unmistakable. Gîtes de France Corsica have been responsible for decades worth of fantastic Corsican holidays, and now have over 1200 properties listed across the island, from beachfront apartments to mountain cottages, cosy farmhouses, and country campsites.
Every single property meets the same high quality standards that Gîtes de France have maintained since 1951, and they’re all easier than ever to book online. But, with over a thousand gîtes to choose from in Corsica alone, you could probably use a little help. So here are ten of the best for families, recommended by Gîtes de France Corsica, and starting out at just £315 for seven nights, for a family of four.
1/10 Gîte Saje, South Corsica
Sleeps four, private pool, 20 minutes from beaches
A bright and airy gîte, surrounded by peaceful countryside, and situated very close to southern Corsica’s lovely beaches, Saje is ideal for small families, and young kids: the pool has an alarm, and the outdoor space is designed for both sun, and shade.
- Two bedroom gîte, sleeps up to four.
- Private swimming pool with pool alarm and sun terraces.
- Large, shaded, outdoor deck overlooking countryside.
- Living room, dining kitchen, family shower room.
- Bed linen, towels, barbecue and garden furniture.
- Heating, and end-of-stay cleaning, included.
- 10 minutes from Figari Airport.
- Direct UK flights to Figari, two hours and 15 minutes.
- Figari Village for shops and local restaurants – 10 minutes
- Family-friendly Tunnara Beach – 20 minutes
- Historic Porto Vecchio – 25 minutes.
- Polombaggia: Corsica’s loveliest beach – 30 minutes.
- Santa Giulia Beach for water sports – 30 minutes.
Family activities nearby
- Spectacular Roccapina Beach coastal walk.
- Days out in Sardinia: an hour by ferry from Bonifacio.
- Porto Vecchio for the walled old town and lively marina.
- Cruises from Bonifacio to the Lavezzi Islands.
- Enormous A Tyriolana forest adventure park, Zonza.
- Morning horse riding on Polombaggia Beach.
From £750 for seven nights, based on a family of four.