For over 55 years, Abercrombie & Kent have been creating tailor-made luxury holidays for families, in every corner of the world. That adds up to a lot of travel experience, and a whole heap of local knowledge on some of earth’s most wonderful destinations. So when they’re highly recommending five of Europe’s leading luxury resorts for family holidays this year, it’s probably worth hearing why.
1/5 Verdura Resort, South West Sicily
Save 10% on family holidays from now until 26 November 2018
Sicily’s south west coast is always a little sunnier for longer than the rest of the island. It’s also where to find charming villages, several truly spectacular beaches including world famous Scala dei Turchi (just a 40 minute drive along the coast) and, in the case of Verdura Resort, quite probably one of the most family-friendly approaches to luxury holidays in Europe right now.
Why kids love Verdura Resort
- A Rocco Forte Families R Forte resort, with RBabies, RKids and RTeens tailored services for kids from new born to 16 years.
- Kids’ Verdúland Passports on arrival. Child-size bathrobes and slippers.
- Supervised Verdúland RKids space for one to 12 year olds with its own 20m heated outdoor pool and play area.
- Supervised Verdúland RBabies space for new born to three year olds with outdoor pool, indoor and outdoor play area, and sleep room.
- EdufunRForte, ArtsRForte, ChefsRForte, SportsRForte activity programmes for four to 16 year olds.
- RForte football, swimming, tennis and golf Junior Sports Academies.
- RKids Verdura Kids’ Club for four to 12 year olds.
- RTeens You Club for 14 to 16 year olds.
Why A&K love Verdura for luxury family holidays
- 93 hectares of garden grounds, and two kilometre private Mediterranean beach.
- Three golf courses, water sports, award-winning Verdura Spa.
- All family rooms have sea views, private terraces or balconies.
- 60m swimming pool, one of the largest in Europe.
- Close to historic Sciacca, 75 minutes from Palermo Airport.
- Three-hour flight from UK to Palermo.
Find out more about luxury family holidays at Verdura Resort with A&K
2/5 Anassa Hotel, North West Cyprus
Save 15% on family holidays of four, or more, nights
The lovely north-west coast of Cyprus is known for beautiful beaches, long hours of sunshine, and traditional character. What’s so appealing about Anassa Hotel is the way the resort reflects all those qualities, looks almost exactly like a charming Mediterranean village, yet manages to be effortlessly luxurious too, in all the ways that matter most on family holidays.
Why families love Anassa
- Baby Go Lightly service arranges any baby and toddler equipment in advance, and has everything you need, ready and waiting, on arrival.
- Explorer Kids Club for four to 12 year olds.
- Wide choice of water sports including sailing, diving and snorkelling.
- Sailing lessons for kids and adults.
- Separate children’s pool, direct access to private beach.
- Range of family activities, days out, and cruises.
- Minutes from the lively resort of Latchi, less than an hour from historic Paphos.
Why A&K love Anassa for luxury family holidays
- Traditional Mediterranean village design.
- All family rooms have balconies, free wifi, and garden or sea views.
- Lush garden grounds, and private beach.
- Luxurious Thalassa Spa.
- Direct UK flights to Paphos, four hours and 30 minutes.
- Transfer time from Paphos Airport to Anassa, 50 minutes.
Find out more about luxury family holidays at Anassa Hotel with A&K
3/5 The Westin Resort Costa Navarino, Greece
Save up to 20% on family holidays from 31 August to 24 November 2018
If you haven’t discovered the Peloponnese Peninsula yet, The Westin Resort Costa Navarino is a perfect introduction to this gorgeous part of Greece. It’s a wonderful beach resort, fun for sporty kids, and sat right on the west coast so you’re guaranteed jaw-dropping sunsets every night – bliss!
Why families love The Westin Resort Costa Navarino
- Two dedicated children’s activity hubs.
- Aqua Park, indoor sports arena with basketball and volleyball courts.
- Racquet Academy with range of nine different racquet sports.
- Water sports including diving and snorkelling.
- Heated lagoon pool.
- Navarino Sea Yachting, and Navarino Speed Experience Park.
- One and a half kilometre-long Dunes beach on the Ionian Sea.
Why A&K love The Westin Resort for luxury family holidays
- Family rooms with panoramic views of the Ionian Sea.
- Ground floor family rooms with private infinity pools.
- Set in the 52.5 hectares Navarino Dunes, western Peloponnese Peninsula.
- Anazoe Spa with specialist treatments based on Ancient Greek therapies.
- Condé Nast Traveller #4 Resort in Europe 2017.
- Direct UK flights to Kalamata, three hours and 35 minutes.
- Transfer time from Kalamata Airport to Costa Navarino, one hour.
Find out more about luxury family holidays at The Westin Resort Costa Navarino with A&K
4/5 The Ritz-Carlton, Abama, Tenerife
Save 15% on family holidays throughout 2018
The Ritz-Carlton, Abama looks more like a grand, Moorish city, than a mere holiday resort. It holds a spectacular position on Tenerife’s lovely west coast, and has some of the best sunset views on the entire island, just to add to its appeal. Understandably, children might be more taken with the fact that Ritz Kids’ club is one of the largest in Europe.
Why families love The Ritz-Carlton, Abama
- Ritz Kids for four to 12 year olds: one of the largest children’s clubs in Europe.
- Dedicated children’s swimming pools and play areas.
- Eight fun education zones covering everything from astronomy to zoology.
- Range of water sports and land sports, and instruction for kids and adults.
- Annabel Croft Tennis Academy, 18-hole championship golf course.
- Extensive holiday activity programme for kids and families.
- Seven swimming pools, and fun funicular to private beach.
Why A&K love The Ritz-Carlton Abama for luxury family holidays
- Surrounded by 65 hectares of garden grounds, in peaceful Guia de Isora.
- Range of family rooms, suites and villas, with sea and garden views.
- Choice of 12 different restaurants, including Michelin-starred Kabuki.
- Private beach, 2,500m² spa and wellness centre.
- Sunset views over the Atlantic to Isla La Gomera.
- Direct UK flights to Tenerife South, four hours and 20 minutes.
- Transfer time from Tenerife South Airport to The Ritz-Carlton, 40 minutes.
Find out more about luxury family holidays at The Ritz-Carlton, Abama with A&K
5/5 Pine Cliffs Resort, Central Algarve
10% off all Serenity Spa treatments
Sitting in pole position at the heart of the Algarve’s Atlantic coast, just minutes from legendary Praia da Falésia, Pine Cliffs more than earns its reputation as one of Europe’s leading luxury resorts on location alone. But should kids need any more persuasion, simply mention the two life-size wooden pirate ships at the resort’s aptly named, Porto Pirata Children’s Village.
Why families love The Ritz-Carlton, Abama
- Porto Pirata Children’s Village for four to 12 year olds.
- Six swimming pools, and two life-size pirate ships.
- Teen activity and sports programmes.
- Clifftop 18-hole championship golf course.
- Water-sports centre on beach.
- Annabel Croft Tennis Academy,
- Minutes from the lively resort town of Albufeira.
Why A&K love Pine Cliffs for luxury family holidays
- Set in enormous, forested and landscaped garden grounds.
- Minutes from Praia da Falésia: Portugal’s only EU Golden Flag Beach.
- Choice of 11 different restaurants and bars.
- Serenity Spa and Wellness Centre.
- Private Pine Cliffs Beach Club on Praia da Falésia.
- Direct UK flights to Faro, two hours and 55 minutes.
- Transfer time from Faro Airport to Pine Cliffs, 35 minutes.