For over 55 years, Abercrombie & Kent have been creating tailor-made luxury holidays for families, in every corner of the world. That adds up to a lot of travel experience, and a whole heap of local knowledge on some of earth’s most wonderful destinations. So when they’re highly recommending five of Europe’s leading luxury resorts for family holidays this year, it’s probably worth hearing why.
1/5 Verdura Resort, South West Sicily
Save 10% on family holidays from now until 26 November 2018
Sicily’s south west coast is always a little sunnier for longer than the rest of the island. It’s also where to find charming villages, several truly spectacular beaches including world famous Scala dei Turchi (just a 40 minute drive along the coast) and, in the case of Verdura Resort, quite probably one of the most family-friendly approaches to luxury holidays in Europe right now.
Why kids love Verdura Resort
- A Rocco Forte Families R Forte resort, with RBabies, RKids and RTeens tailored services for kids from new born to 16 years.
- Kids’ Verdúland Passports on arrival. Child-size bathrobes and slippers.
- Supervised Verdúland RKids space for one to 12 year olds with its own 20m heated outdoor pool and play area.
- Supervised Verdúland RBabies space for new born to three year olds with outdoor pool, indoor and outdoor play area, and sleep room.
- EdufunRForte, ArtsRForte, ChefsRForte, SportsRForte activity programmes for four to 16 year olds.
- RForte football, swimming, tennis and golf Junior Sports Academies.
- RKids Verdura Kids’ Club for four to 12 year olds.
- RTeens You Club for 14 to 16 year olds.
Why A&K love Verdura for luxury family holidays
- 93 hectares of garden grounds, and two kilometre private Mediterranean beach.
- Three golf courses, water sports, award-winning Verdura Spa.
- All family rooms have sea views, private terraces or balconies.
- 60m swimming pool, one of the largest in Europe.
- Close to historic Sciacca, 75 minutes from Palermo Airport.
- Three-hour flight from UK to Palermo.