Europe’s all-round fantastic family ski resorts for all types of ski holidays
First time on the slopes? Happiest with extreme freeriding in the mix? Prioritising ski schools over dreamy downhill? Or want a little of everything, and village charm too?
Whatever says sensational family ski holiday to your particular family, there’s bound to be a perfect European resort. Take a look at these five great all-rounders for starters.
1/5 Arinsal, Andorra: Vallnord ski area
Arinsal is a typical Andorran resort; warm, friendly, and easy going. Also in-keeping with local tradition, it’s great value, and an excellent choice for first-time ski holidays.
A good range of green and blue runs, snow parks, loads of activities, and great freeriding at nearby Arcalis, gives older kids and teens plenty to get excited about. Learner terrain is outstanding, local ski and snowboard schools offer multi-lingual instruction, and Arinsal’s après-ski is nicely unpretentious with lots of lively Basque character in the mix.
Good for families
- Andorra’s Best Ski Resort 2016, World Ski Awards.
- Single Vallnord ski pass covers 93km of slopes across 1000ha.
- Baby Club & Nursery for one to four year olds.
- Supervised Snow Garden for four to eight year olds.
- Award-winning ski and snowboard school, starts lessons from age four.
- 200 multi lingual ski instructors, plus BASI accredited instructors.
- Arcalis Snow Park and freeriding park.
- Dog sledding; sledging; fat biking; snowmobiling; snowshoeing.
- Archery; aerial rope park; ziplining.
- Winter programme of kid’s activities and events.
Where to stay
Hotel Spa Princesa Parc
How to get to Arinsal
Direct flights from UK to Toulouse, one hour and 50 minutes.
Arinsal is two hours and 40 minutes drive from Toulouse.