Best European countries for summer family holidaysSponsored
How do you pick the perfect country for a family summer holiday? According to the experts at Jet2Holidays you simply have to find great all-rounders that tick every box from sun, sand and sea to non-stop fun. Then you need to throw in fantastic attractions, plenty of outdoor activities, heaps of adventure and something for all-ages, as well as fast and easy flights, of course.
Fortunately Jet2Holidays aren’t just handing down words of wisdom. They’ve done quite a bit of the practical work too and found the four finest European countries which cover all bases, have a maximum flight time of five hours and all score high on great holiday prices into the bargain – even during July and August 2019.
Interested to know more? Here are the top destinations for summer 2019, handpicked for families by Jet2Holidays.
Cyprus is a great all-rounder for family summer holidays. It’s one of the largest islands in Europe and, with average daily temps of 30˚ between June and September, one of the warmest and sunniest. Which is handy as it also has dozens of Blue Flag beaches along a lovely Mediterranean coastline, peaceful countryside made for walking and cycling, mountains to climb, seaside cities and quaint villages, lux resorts, and almost as much end-to-end heritage as silvery sands and big, blue skies.
Why families love Cyprus
- 10,000 years of history made easy in ancient Paphos, intriguing Larnaka and Nicosia and even down on the beach: it’s said Aphrodite first rose from the waves at Petra tou Romiou beach in western Cyprus.
- The lively port of Limassol’s combo of colourful waterfront districts and big city beaches.
- Waterparks, theme parks, endless golden beaches and teen-heaven water sports in and around Ayia Napa on the east coast.
- Outdoor adventure in the Troodos Mountains to the west and Cape Greco National Park in the east.
- Charming, family-friendly beach resorts like Coral Bay, Pissouri, Nissi Bay and Protaras.
Good to know
There are direct UK flights year round to both Paphos in western Cyprus and Larnaca on the east coast, with a flying time between four hours 30 minutes and five hours.