If you’re the type of family that loves activity holidays, but likes to chill as well, ROBINSON have resorts made just for you. You’ll find them worldwide, but for 2023 we have our eyes on three ROBINSON resorts in particular. See what you think.
Every family is different when it comes to defining the perfect holiday. Some long for lazy days spent by the pool, others want action-packed activities and experiences. Although now, just as many families are looking for a balance of the two. As specialists in family holidays with 26 resort clubs around the world, ROBINSON have all sides covered. And, as their motto is ‘Share The Moment’, you know that having fun together is guaranteed.
Share The Moment and the fun with your kids at ROBINSON resorts
Each ROBINSON resort is unique, but all have the same philosophy when it comes to family holidays: kids come first.
Although ROBINSON have also thought of lots to make life easier for parents too. ROBY Babysets are free of charge, you only have to ask when you book. As well as babysitting services, ROBY kids clubs look after children from two years right up to age 17. And it’s not one-size-fits-all. In fact there are four different clubs, so you know your child is having the type of fun that’s right for their age and stage.
- SUPER MINIS is where kids from age two are encouraged to do all the things toddlers love like singing, dancing, painting and playing. Fully trained childcare staff – cutely called ROBINS – are in charge of the fun. And the learning can include anything from story time and puppet shows to sandcastle building.
- Children aged from three to six years have their very own activity-packed club. It’s called ROBY CLUB and open between six and seven days a week on family activity holidays.
- R.O.B.Y focuses on sport, fun and creativity for seven to 12 year olds. Activities here can range from beach games and hip-hop classes to art workshops.
- Teenagers aren’t overlooked at ROBINSON, quite the opposite. ROBS for 13 to 17 year olds lets teens hang out with other teens and just chill. But it’s also the club for sporty kids and creative kids. Plus it comes with an exciting activity programme, adult-free space and gentle supervision.
ROBINSON kids clubs are available at most resorts. So, for families that love to take active holidays together, here are three of the best resorts for both children’s clubs and family sporting activities.
ROBINSON NOBILIS: family activity holidays on Turkey’s sunniest coast
Turkey’s Mediterranean region runs along the country’s south coast and is popular with families year round thanks to mild winters and hot summers. Think average temperatures of 14° in winter and upwards of 30° come summer. This idyllic area’s dazzling blue seas earn it the title, Turquoise Coast, and it’s where you’ll find ROBINSON NOBILIS resort, an ideal choice for active families.
Children can get stuck into activities and sports at kids club here. Free swimming and tennis taster sessions are also available. And you can even enrol your kids in the resort tennis school if they get a taste for the game. Meanwhile, with children well cared for and happy, parents can relax and spend time playing on the resort’s beautiful 18-hole golf course, or even book a round or two at one of the 14 other golf courses within a 20 minute drive.
If that isn’t enough activity, why not try the fantastic WellFit programme which features yoga, pilates and aqua aerobics as well as water sports like sailing and water skiing.
Then once you’ve taken advantage of all that and more, take a trip to Antalya and visit the historic old town. Alternatively, go on an off-road tour into the Taurus Mountains, an amazing adventure for older kids. And in the evening, tired but happy, choose from one of the five NOBILIS restaurants before enjoying some of the resort’s evening entertainment.
A little more about family activity holidays at ROBINSON NOBILIS
- Set on Turkey’s gorgeous Turquoise Coast, ROBINSON NOBILIS is open year-round.
- Families of all sizes have a great choice of accommodation ranging from family rooms and 2 to 4 bedroom suites to 2 bedroom bungalows.
- The definition of Mediterranean holiday, NOBILIS has direct access to a 20km stretch of beach.
- Five restaurants and five bars are included in All-inclusive Made by ROBINSON.
- Families who like the water will love the seven swimming pools at NOBILIS.
- If you want a break from the pool, the resort’s Balinese House cabanas are perfect for quiet time with kids.
- Entertainment and theatre add evening fun into activity holidays.
- NOBILIS is about a 40 minute drive from Antalya Airport.
- Direct UK flights to Antalya, year round, take from 4 hours.
ROBINSON QUINTA DA RIA, Portugal
The Algarve in southern Portugal is famous for its stunning beaches, unspoiled countryside and great golf courses. So it’s one of the most popular destination in Europe for family activity holidays.
ROBINSON QUINTA DA RIA resort sits just 45 minutes east of Faro Airport and makes a perfect base to enjoy the best of the Algarve. Although, with so much to do at the resort itself, you might find you and your kids are too busy to go exploring.
ROBINSON kids clubs here are all about creative activities, sports, exciting workshops and fun events. So if you’re kids are aged between two and 17, QUINTA DA RIA promises to be one of their best activity holidays ever.
QUINTA DA RIA is surrounded by the natural beauty of Ria Formosa
However, you may be tempted to adventure a little further afield, as the resort is set within spectacular Ria Formosa natural park. Not only does that surround you with untamed loveliness, the park also gives you the freedom to walk, cycle or sail with your kids. You’ll find fabulous and uncrowded beaches here too and the Atlantic is at its bluest and most beautiful.
When you don’t want to go it alone, you have the option of guided bike tours in Ria Formosa. Each tour is designed for specific levels of fitness and experience, so even kids can come along. If golf is more your thing, there are two 18-hole courses next door to the resort, the Quinta da Ria and the Quinta de Cima. Word of warning, you may find yourself distracted from the golf by astonishing Atlantic views. And if all that isn’t quite active enough, the resort has four tennis courts where you can play as a family, hire a coach to polish your game or even enrol kids in tennis school!
Discover family activity holidays at ROBINSON QUINTA DA RIA
- ROBINSON QUINTA DA RIA is another resort that’s open year round.
- A good choice of accommodation includes spacious family rooms and suites.
- Set on the eastern Algarve coast, it’s also surrounded by the legendary Ria Formosa natural park.
- Your nearest neighbours include two 18-hole golf courses with fabulous Atlantic views.
- The resort features an outdoor pool and separate children’s pool, as well as an indoor pool.
- All-inclusive made by ROBINSON gives families the choice of two restaurants and two bars.
- Resort entertainment includes theatre and gastronomic events.
- QUINTA DA RIA is only a 45 minute drive east of Faro Airport.
- Direct UK flights to Faro year round take from just under 3 hours.
ROBINSON NOONU: thrilling family activity holidays in the Maldives
If you prefer family activity holidays to be water-based, ROBINSON NOONU in the Maldives is perfect for you.
Here the choice of non-motorised water sports ranges from stand-up paddleboard fun to windsurfing, kayaking and kitesurfing. If you want something faster, the resort also offers jet skiing, water skiing and wakeboarding.
Alternatively, your kids might be more interested in wildlife, on and under the clearest Indian Ocean. That’s fine, NOONU provides equipment for snorkelling as well as boats to go out dolphin spotting. Plus, you can book children, aged 10 and over, onto a PADI diving course, with certified instructors. Of course, parents can learn to dive too
When you’re not out on the sea here, you can play volleyball, football, badminton and more. There’s also a full evening entertainment programme, the food is fabulous and did we mention the blue skies, white beaches and seemingly endless Indian Ocean?
Dive into more detail about ROBINSON NOONU in the Maldives
- Another resort that’s open all year, this is a great choice for winter sun holidays.
- ROBINSON NOONU is set on the private island of Orivaru in Noonu Atoll.
- Your choice of accommodation includes family suites, beach villas, overwater villas and bungalows.
- The resort features an infinity pool, and beach towels, daybeds and parasols are included.
- All-inclusive made by ROBINSON includes three Restaurants and two Bars.
- Families can look forward to evening entertainment and gala events.
- Direct UK flights to Malé take from 10 hours, 30 minutes year round.
- The transfer from Malé Airport to NOONU takes 1 hour, 20 minutes by private flight, then speedboat or seaplane.