Looking for multi-generational family vacation ideas? Whether you’re diving deep into a local city or grazing the farthest reaches of the globe, discovering the world while creating golden memories with your extended family is one of life’s most rewarding experiences. It’s even better when you can leave the complexity and logistics to the experts at Scott Dunn Luxury Travel.
Transform family vacation ideas into unforgettable experiences
Scott Dunn Luxury Travel has been fulfilling family travel dreams since 1986. No matter what stages of life your multi-generational family spans, you can count on Scott Dunn’s expertise to personalize your voyage to suit everyone’s style. From the moment you envision your loved ones strolling on a remote island or indulging in the momentum of a modern metropolis, you can take confidence in knowing Scott Dunn has all the details covered.
Planning your multi-generational family trip can be a seamless dream come true with Scott Dunn’s curated travel approach – complete with carefree luxury, personalized comfort, and memories to last a lifetime.
So pack the diaper bag, the stroller, the backpack, the car seat and the oversized luggage, then leave the rest to your Scott Dunn travel consultant. Your only task is to focus on your family and enjoy your journey to your chosen destination.
Scott Dunn Luxury Travel understands what families want and need
A multi-generational vacation requires coordinating schedules, finding a range of activities and age-appropriate accommodations for a wide range of age groups, all in one location. Laying the groundwork for this type of trip sounds daunting, especially if you’re the one who is usually in charge of organizing. But for the experts at Scott Dunn who live and breathe travel, their passion for planning an unforgettable vacation for each family member is what they enjoy most.
Grandparents might be motivated by ticking boxes off their bucket list. Parents are looking for customized family vacation ideas that include iconic destinations and family-friendly properties. Gen Z is after Tik Tok-worthy experiences that alternate between playing and chilling. Younger kids want to max out on fun, yet parents require safety to be a priority. Some families may want to nestle into one communal place, while others prefer to each have their own, personal space.
Whatever suits your extended family’s needs, Scott Dunn can provide everyone the ideal blend of adventure, pleasure, and luxury they want.
Five fabulous multi-generational family vacation ideas
These stunning family vacation ideas, carefully selected by the travel experts at Scott Dunn, will wow every age and stage of traveler.
Unforgettable Jordan: An ideal Middle East vacation for multi-generational families
At the crossroads of three continents, Jordan is a friendly, safe and charming Middle Eastern destination, rich in both ancient culture and history. It’s a small country and easy to travel about, full of world-famous wonders to delight everyone from kids to grandparents. Fill your days with desert adventures and UNESCO World Heritage sites. Journey to the coast and stay in five-star resorts by the legendary Dead Sea. Immerse yourselves in the fascinating life of bustling cities and reconnect as a family while on the vacation of a lifetime. I
A cultural and educational vacation for all generations
- A blend of rich culture, ancient history and amazing landscapes makes Jordan a natural for multi-generational vacations.
- Amman, the lively capital of Jordan, is even more exciting on a walking tour with local guides.
- Older kids will be astonished by the ancient city of Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Spend a night in the Wadi Rum desert where you can try dune running, witness spectacular sunsets and camp in luxury under the stars.
- Experience the Dead Sea, the world’s lowest point and the ultimate natural spa, famous for its buoyant, salty waters.
- Stay in five-star beach resorts and lavish hotels, as well as luxurious desert camps.
Casa Nalum: A most luxurious take on Riviera Maya beach vacations
Mexico’s Riviera Maya boasts incredible landscapes and calm relaxation on the Caribbean Sea. The area’s deserted white beaches amid a backdrop of picturesque palms and crystal-clear waters make it the perfect destination for a leisurely week with both kids and grandparents. Casa Nalum is a private villa oasis with incredible views, ideal for up to 12 guests and a perfect spot if you’re seeking serenity, sunshine and fun activities.
What makes Casa Nalum so perfect for multi-generational family vacations
- Secluded, thatched villa powered by low-impact technology.
- Exclusive peninsula location with a stunning Caribbean beach.
- Casa Nalum is fully catered with its own, private chef and includes the services of a maid, butler and gardener.
- Kids will love exploring the incredible archaeological ruins at nearby Tulum.
- Chartering a private catamaran to beautiful Isla Holbox is just one of the fantastic family vacation activities here.
- Riviera Maya features some of the world’s greatest dive sites, including a unique underwater museum.
- Spend a day discovering the lesser-known Mayan city of Ek Balam and the remarkable Xchen Cenote.
Aqua Mekong: Voyage the Mekong River on Southeast Asia’s only floating hotel
Even your family’s wildest imagination might not be a match for the Mekong River winding through Cambodia and Vietnam. Southeast Asia’s only floating boutique hotel, the Aqua Mekong flows up and down this famous waterway in luxury and sustainable style. Your journey is made all the more luxurious by one-to-one personal service and some of the world’s dreamiest views.
While you all lounge by the pool and dine on exceptional cuisine, you’ll see wildlife found nowhere else on earth, as well as luscious forests and hidden temples. Cultural day trips to local craft markets and remote fishing villages makes this cruise a once-in-a-lifetime multi-generational trip for everyone.
An inspiring and luxurious family journey on the Mekong River
- Families can choose to journey up the Mekong to Cambodia or downriver to Vietnam.
- Great flexibility for multi-generational vacations, you have the choice of 3, 4 or 7 nights on-board.
- Aqua Mekong is every inch a luxury hotel, from impeccable service to its beautiful outdoor pool.
- All on-board suites offer sensational river views from floor-to-ceiling windows.
- A full 7-night voyage takes in Siem Reap, Kampong Channang, Phnom Penh, Chau Doc, Cai Be, Mai Tho and Saigon.
- Kids will be enchanted by the floating villages on enormous Tonle Sap Lake.
- Parents and grandparents can enjoy sundowners on deck as day drifts into night on the Mekong River.
Brush Creek Ranch: A luxurious outdoor adventure in Wyoming
Luxury Brush Creek Ranch sits on 15,000 acres of remote rolling hills in Wyoming’s Northern Rockies. Here families can marvel at the vastness of the sky and watch the golden hour illuminate wide, open landscapes as the sun sets across the prairie.
The ranch offers all-inclusive vacations with private lodging, nestled in the tranquil Platte River Valley. It’s a haven for lovers of western style and outdoor enthusiasts alike. If your wanderlust leads your mind to hiking and horseback riding or fishing and fire pits, the cozy cabins at Brush Creek are perfect. Simply leave your belongings behind and take your family deep into the heart of the American West to enjoy visual splendor and the ultimate adventure.
An all-inclusive, authentic American West experience for all ages
- Kids will be thrilled to stay in genuine, beautifully restored log cabins.
- The Trailhead Lodge is the ranch centerpiece and offers a fine dining room, saloon bar and wine cellar.
- All activities are led by experienced guides, so skill-building is another fantastic part of this vacation.
- The ranch also features a spa and swimming pool.
- Adult-only Magee Homestead is a luxurious alternative to creek-side log cabins: perfect for grandparents.
- More remote lodgings come with their own off-road ranger vehicles.
- Guests can try anything from horseback riding and mountain biking to clay pigeon shooting, ziplining and paintballing.
- A year-round vacation experience, families can enjoy activities tailored to the season they visit.
Deplar Farm: A unique family vacation in Iceland
In the heart of the Troll Peninsula in Northern Iceland, Deplar Farm is marvelously remote and ultra luxurious. Mountains, lakes and rivers surround this wonderful family retreat and each of the 13 rooms features spectacular views. The ideal base for exploring the dramatic landscapes of Iceland, you’ll come home to a space perfect for relaxing, reconnecting with family and recharging your batteries in the midst of nature and perfect peace.
An adventurous vacation for outdoor-loving families
- Deplar Farm’s rooms can be booked individually or the entire property booked for exclusive use, making it an ideal fit for a multi-generational family vacation.
- All meals and activities are included, and families can choose their own adventures from a wide range of Icelandic activities.
- Deplar Farm features a spa and geothermally-heated outdoor pool – a prime spot for gazing at the Northern Lights or midnight sun, depending on the time of year you visit.
- A farm-to-table approach to dining means fresh, local ingredients are part of every delicious meal at Deplar.
- In winter, families can try snowmobiling, snowshoeing and tubing. During summer, sea kayaking, mountain biking and hiking are just a few of the activities on offer.
- Iceland’s world-famous landscape of stunning waterfalls, volcanoes, geysers and vast beaches is a constant source of adventurous days out and unforgettable experiences.
- Riding Icelandic horses, bathing in the legendary Blue Lagoon and even glacier helicopter tours are just some of the activities which can be added to your family vacation itinerary.