If interested in writing for Family Traveller magazine or website, please see specific guidelines below. Due to the high volume of submissions we receive, we regret we cannot acknowledge pitches. If a pitch is being considered for publication, you will be notified within three weeks.
What We Seek
- Useful, practical travel, information gained from first-hand experience geared to affluent parents who travel to immerse themselves and their children in new cultures and places within North America and abroad.
- Inspirational travel pieces focusing on destinations suitable to families.
- High-concept features for the print magazine that present a new approach to a way of travel (cruise road trips) or a destination.
- Short items for the print magazine’s up-front news and trends section. This can range from a 50-word item about a development in family travel (a new hotel, an exciting product launch) to a trend-driven roundup.
- Well-researched material that can be supported with facts, links and verification.
- A voice of a friend speaking to another parent about their travel experiences.
- Photos and videos highlighting the trip.
What We Do Not Seek
- Guest posts with links back to commercial sites.
- Highly-personalized travel narratives or blog posts.
- Information already found on the web and in guidebooks.
- Content that is highly promotional or advertorial.
How to Submit
- Pitches should be electronic and by email. No phone calls accepted. Please do not pitch us via social media.
- Send documents as Word or PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with story pitch in the subject line.
- Include your name, address, email address, and handles for Instagram and Twitter.
- Include links to or PDF attachments of previously published travel articles.
- Include the date of the trip on which the pitch is based. Trips older than a year will not be considered. Upcoming trips should already be confirmed and not require an assignment letter.
- We buy all rights to articles and will not purchase a piece that has been published elsewhere.
- Story length for online pieces range from 600 to 2,000 word. We pay $50 per post. Story length for magazine pieces ranges from 50 to 1200 words. We pay .25 cents per word.
- Permissions and credits for images and videos must be submitted with any images provided.
- Published material must be shared on social sites twice following publication, unless agreed upon in advance.
- Links for fact-checking should be included at the end of all submitted articles; do not hyperlink within body of article.
- We pay 30 days following publication.