Family vacations in Cancun just became even more exciting with the discovery of NIZUC Resort & Spa and its extraordinary mix of extreme luxury, Mayan heritage and day after day of beachy, sunny and kid-friendly fun.
To begin with, NIZUC Resort & Spa has an exceptional location. It’s set on Punta NIZUC where once Mayan astronomers mapped the galaxy. More recently, the area was better known as a retreat for international leaders looking to escape their hectic lives for a little.
It’s possibly that mix of heritage and exclusivity which inspired the design of NIZUC Resort & Spa. There’s absolutely no denying the powerful Mayan influence in the architecture. However, even the smallest details whisper quiet luxury.
Nothing here is overstated, it’s quite simply beautiful in a way that feels both natural and welcoming. So perhaps not a surprise to discover that this lovely resort is also very child-friendly. In fact, well over two thirds of the rooms and suites here are designed for families. And the atmosphere and activities will make kids feel instantly at home.
As well as a stunning location, the resort also happens to be surrounded by a 29-acre natural reserve which includes two private beaches: one for families and one for adults-only. So although Cancun International Airport is less than 15 minutes’ drive away, NIZUC gives you a sense of complete escapism if that’s what you want.
However, Cancun itself is nearby when you’re in the mood for a lively, urban vibe. Beachy and bustling Playa del Carmen sits to the east of the resort. You can visit arty and interesting Tulum on a fun day out. And if you want to explore more ancient local heritage, you’ll find legendary Mayan sites like Chichen Itza all within easy driving distance.
A choice of luxury suites and villas for family vacations in Cancun
Whatever you plan to do on vacation, the Caribbean Sea and pretty much endless sun will undoubtedly have factored into your choice of the Yucatan Peninsula. Making the most of both is a design feature at NIZUC.
- Luxurious one or two bedroom Residence Suites are ideal for families as they all include private terraces with plunge pools and garden or ocean views.
- One bedroom Private Pool Villas are set in tropical gardens, but only minutes from beaches and resort pools.
- Private Pool Pavillion Villas come with their one infinity pool and waterfall. Again in a lush garden setting close to the sea and all resort facilities.
- Two bedroom Presidential Villas offer a private pool, patio and rooftop sundeck as well as a garden setting and spacious living areas.
- Butler service throughout your stay is also available at all NIZUC villas.
NIZUC fills family vacations in Cancun with amazing fun
NIZUC packs every day with new adventures. Alternatively you can simply chill if that feels more like the mood of the day. It’s entirely up to you and your kids, simply choose what you want to do and practically anything you want is possible.
- Winik’s Kids Club is an amazingly creative space with a daily activity program for 4 to 12 year olds. Just as hint of what’s in store, children can get up to anything from making their own piñata to cookie baking.
- Every Saturday morning is the NIZUC Junior Tennis Carnival where kids from 6 to 10 years can join in fun games, skill build and learn teamwork with the resort’s tennis pro.
- Older children have the independence of their own separate Terra Nostra Lounge. And paddle-boarding or sea kayaking are just a couple of the fun activities they can enjoy on the resort beach.
- NIZUC white sand beaches sit on the edge of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef which is the second largest in the world. So it’s almost a given that snorkeling here is simply sensational.
- As well as the Junior Tennis Carnival, NIZUC has a full tennis programme including adult and kids’ clinics, personalised workout drills and private or group instruction.
- Adults can enjoy extraordinary activities ranging from yoga and sushi making to live Cuban jazz evenings.
- NIZUC is also home to the first ESPA Spa in the Mexican Caribbean. At 30K square foot, it’s luxuriously spacious and incorporates both male and female hydrotherapy areas, private spa-villas and indoor or outdoor treatment rooms.
- This year you can also experience the new MedSpa at IZUC Spa which offers spa relaxation combined with medical expertise to provide a range of non-invasive aesthetic treatments.
NIZUC turns family vacations in Cancun into culinary adventures
In addition to white sand beaches, no fewer than five resort pools and the lavish ESPA Spa, NIZUC is known for its outstanding restaurant. Since first opening in 2013, the resort’s ambition to create a ‘global dining experience’ has been more than realised. And today’s team of international master chefs are behind a line-up of six really remarkable restaurants.
- Breakfast is the signature dish at laid-back Café de la Playa and diverse and delicious is the running theme and a great start to every day.
- Peruvian NI overlooks the beach from its broad terrace and focuses on fresh seafood, tapas, ceviches and teraditas.
- Ramona is where traditional Mexican cuisine comes with a contemporary twist and a stunning oceanfront setting.
- The design concept for La Punta Grill & Lounge is natural materials, sleek lines and sheer luxury. As you’d expect from the best of best grills, steak and fish rule the menu.
- Day and night Terra Nostra sits beside the adult-only infinity pool and it’s the place for extraordinary pasta, as well as wood-fired prime steak and fish.
- Inspired Indochine is a culinary journey through different Asian regions.
Look forward to easy every day adventures at NIZUC
Above all else, a family vacation on the Yucatan Peninsula is great fun for families. In that spirit NIZUC has a whole range of fantastic experience, tours and adventures for you and your kids to enjoy.
- Go on a guided tour of Chichén Itzá, home of the famous Kukulkàn Pyramid – one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
- Try guided snorkeling or diving adventures on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef.
- Visit ancient Tulum on Riviera Maya, it’s the only fortified Mayan city on the coast and one of Mexico’s most stunning archaeological sites.
- Head to Cancun for everything from deep-sea sport fishing to extreme ziplining.
- Tour the world’s first Underwater Art Museum in Cancun and Punta NIZUC, either by glass-bottom boat or on a guided scuba dive.
How to plan family vacations at NIZUC Resort & Spa
NIZUC Resort & Spa sits on Punta NIZUC on Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula. Cancun is just to the east and Cancun International Airport is less than 15 minutes’ drive from the resort.
How to get there
Non-stop flights to Cancun are available from several US cities including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Orlando and Miami.
Non-stop flights take from 3 hours, 7 minutes.