Looking to celebrate the holidays with weekend getaways and exciting festivals and events? We have family-friendly celebrations across the U.S.! Bookmark this article, as we will be adding more events in cities and states near you.
Visit the magical city that never sleeps when it is bedecked in holiday cheer.
- Broadway Under the Stars: Broadway and The Shops at Columbus Circle have once again teamed up this holiday season for five weeks of FREE Broadway musical performances which are open to the public, no tickets or reservations required! Select cast from today's hottest shows (Wicked, School of Rock, Bronx Tale, Chicago, Sponge Bob Square Pants, and more) will perform every Monday, 5pm beginning November 13 through December 11 on the second-floor. The December 11 finale will be held in The Shops at Columbus Circle’s dazzling Great Room, under the annual holiday display of twelve massive stars. These stars are the largest specialty crafted exhibit of illuminated color display in the world, which hang from the 100-foot-high ceilings.
- The 18th Annual Winter’s Eve Event: On Monday, November 27, artists, up-and-coming musicians, dancers, street performers and more will be present to welcome the holiday season and light up the Upper West Side with an evening of music, food, dancing and fun for everyone. The Shops at Columbus Circle will host an evening of entertainment on the second-floor stage, shopping discounts at select stores and food samplings from restaurants at the tents on Columbus Circle.
- Ice skating across the city can be found with special treats and music, including Bryant Park Winter Village with Christmas shopping vendors, and, of course, the famous Rockefeller Center ice skating rink.
- Tree lightings take place at Rockefeller Center, Central Park, New York Stock Exchange, Bryant Park, Astoria Park, Park Avenue, Queens Botanical Garden, Washington Square Park, Madison Square Park and more, mainly between Nov. 29 and Dec. 7, but you can also just take in the beauty if you miss the lighting ceremonies.
- Gulliver's Gate is a unique and full city-block wide miniature world that opened earlier in the year. Located at 44th and Broadway, the holidays appear in the mini world with The Grinch, Grandma getting run over by a reindeer, Santa lounging on a beach, Elsa from Frozen, and so much more – all shrunken down to 1:87 their actual size.