We’ve gone to the ends of the earth to find you the most amazing family hotels 2022. So now all you have to do is start making plans. From tented luxury camps with volcano views in Costa Rica to cute bedroom tents in Geneva, your kids will love every one. Final say is yours, of course, take a look.
Hotel Xcaret Mexico All-Parks All-Fun Inclusive, Playa del Carmen
Set in Playa de Carmen, Hotel Xcaret Mexico offers its own private beach as well as outdoor swimming pools and tennis courts. All-Inclusive All-Fun includes a range of dining plans and full access to Xcaret parks and tours.
- Oceanfront and all family rooms have private balconies.
- Private beach and two outdoor swimming pools.
- 12 on-site restaurants and bars.
- Access to Experiencias Xcaret’s nature parks.
- Tours of Xcaret, Xplor, Xplor Fuego, Xenses, Xoximilco, Xel-ha and Xenotes.
Hodges Bay Resort & Spa, Antigua: our pick of beachy family hotels 2022
- Selection of family villas and suites.
- Outdoor pool with poolside cabanas.
- Private beach and watersports.
- Three restaurants, beach bar and on-site coffee shop.
Zadun, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, San José del Cabo, Mexico
If waking up to Sea of Cortez views is the dream, Zadun in San José del Cabo should be on your wish list this year. A choice of connecting ocean front suites and two bedroom suites are ideal for families. Playita Beach sits nearby and the resort also offers bike hire so you can explore the stunning local area.
- Wide range of family rooms and suites.
- Outdoor pool.
- Four restaurants and bars.
- Children’s playground and bike hire.
- Close to beaches and Puerto Los Cabos.
‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach: top choice of Hawaii family hotels 2022
‘Alohilani Resort is just two minutes from Waikiki Beach. Kids will be thrilled by the enormous, double-level Oceanarium in the middle of the lobby filled with colorful reef fish.
- Family rooms and suites with views of the Pacific and Diamond Head.
- Saltwater infinity pool as well as family pool and private poolside cabanas.
- Seven on-site restaurants including Morimoto Asia and relaxed Momosan.
Four Seasons Resort Los Cabos at Costa Palmas, Mexico
Four Seasons Resort Los Cabos at Costa Palmas™ sits in a 1000 acre private estate on the East Cape of Mexico’s Baja Sur. Families can also enjoy the peace of a two mile stretch of private beach, alongside the fun of no fewer than six swimming pools.
- A choice of one and two bedroom suites, family villas and residences.
- All accommodations enjoy views of the Sea of Cortez.
- Two mile private beach and six swimming pools.
- Three on-site restaurants, al-fresco bar and grill, all-day coffee shop.
InterContinental San Diego, one of the best family hotels 2022 for urban getaways
InterContinental San Diego is right on San Diego waterfront. All rooms and suites feature floor-to-ceiling windows looking over San Diego Bay or the city. Although if that’s not stunning enough, the rooftop bar has some of the best views in town.
- Range of family rooms and suites with water or city views.
- Three restaurants and 4th floor rooftop bar.
- Health and wellness centre with outdoor yoga terrace.
Nayara Tented Resort, Arenal National Park, Costa Rica
Nayara Tented Resort lies in Arenal National Park, and offers volcano views guaranteed to astonish your kids. It’s a very luxurious ‘under canvas’ experience, and a great location for exploring this region of Costa Rica.
- Family tented accommodations feature cable TV, living area and private bathroom.
- Resort restaurant, outdoor pool and fitness centre.
- Buffet and vegetarian breakfast served daily.
- Wellness area with sauna and hot tub.
Park Hyatt St. Kitts, Christophe Harbour
Park Hyatt St. Kitts sits on Banana Beach in Christophe Harbour. The resort spans the entire length of Banana Bay and most suites are ideal for families. Although you might want to splash out on Premium Suites for their private rooftop pools.
- Choice of family suites sleeping up to five guests.
- Premium Suites with private rooftop pools and views of Nevis Island.
- All suites have private terraces, rain showers and deep soaking tubs.
- Three on-site restaurants, swimming pool, children’s playground.
Jewel Grande Montego Bay Resort & Spa
Only a minute walk from the beach Jewel Grande Montego Bay Resort and Spa, is made for families. As well as a range of two and three bedroom villas, it also features spacious suites. Although children will particularly like the fun kids’ club.
- Choice of two and three bedroom family villas, and one and two bedroom suites.
- Seven on-site restaurants and bars.
- Outdoor pool, hot tub and children’s playground.
- Range of watersports on beach include windsurfing and snorkelling.
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel de la Paix, Geneva
In the heart of Geneva and right on Lake Geneva’s shore, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel de la Paix is one of the city’s most historic hotels. However, it’s fun too. In fact your kids can even look forward to cute play tents in the bedrooms.
- Choice of one bedroom and junior suites with garden or lake views.
- All staff are English speaking.
- Two excellent hotel restaurants offer a choice of international and new Nordic menus.
- Children’s menus are available in restaurants.
- City centre, overlooking Lake Geneva and five minutes from Old Town.
MOXY NYC Times Square, one of New York’s best value family hotels 2022
MOXY NYC Times Square is fantastic value for its location, yet with rooms designed by Yabu Pushelberg it definitely doesn’t feel budget.
- Range of family-friendly doubles and twin bunk-rooms.
- Four on-site restaurants and bars.
- 18th floor roof deck with views of Empire State Building.
- Right on Times Square, minutes from Macy’s and Madison Square Garden.
Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts Riviera Maya All-Inclusive
Book this all-inclusive resort now and enjoy savings of up to 40% on vacations during the Summer of SpongeBob. Although any time is an amazing time for families at Nickelodeon Hotel & Resorts Riviera Maya.
- Wide choice of family accommodations including themed rooms and swim-up suites.
- Features 9-acre Nickelodeon Place, Aqua Nick waterpark, Club Nick kids’ club, Plaza Orange Entertainment venue.
- Six restaurants and bars, outdoor swimming pool.
One&Only Mandarina, Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
One&Only Mandarina overlooks its own private Pacific beach on Mexico’s stunning Riviera Nayarit. As well as a creative kids’ club, it offers a wide choice of villas sleeping up to eight guests.
- Range of apartments and villas sleeping up to eight guests.
- Private beach, kids’ club, outdoor pools, watersports, family activities.
- Two on-site restaurants, beach bar.
The Gleneagles Hotel, one of Scotland’s finest family hotels 2022
Originally opened in 1924, The Gleneagles Hotel is famous for everything from golf to celebrity guests. Set in stunning Perthshire countryside, it offers exceptional family activities and three championship golf course.
- Choice of elegant rooms and suites sleeping up to five guests.
- Three championship golf courses, 850 acres of private grounds.
- Family activities from horse riding and cycling tours to falconry lessons and guided hiking.
- Four restaurants including Michelin Starred Andrew Fairlie Restaurants.
- The Club offers two swimming pools, sauna, steam room and outdoor hot tub.
- ESPA spa.
Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida
Fort Lauderdale Beach is family vacation heaven and this remarkable beachfront resort lets you make the most of it during your stay.
- Several different styles of family rooms, suites and residences.
- Two on-site restaurants including Mediterranean style Terra Mare.
- Outdoor pools, range of family activities including cycling and watersports.
- Beachfront on Fort Lauderdale Beach and close to local attractions.