Take the family ski holiday challenge with Peak RetreatsSponsored
Not only were Peak Retreats voted Best Family Ski Operator at the Family Traveller Awards 2018, they won The Times Travel Editor’s Award last year too. Well-deserved accolades for a business that focuses on family ski holidays at lovely resorts across the French Alps which mostly haven’t made it on to the radar of UK skiers, yet.
Peak Retreats also specialise in self-catering luxury apartments, handpicked and tried and tested for family friendliness by their team of experts. Many are parents themselves so they know exactly where your priorities lie. They understand the importance of space to spread out, wind down and spend time together. And they never forget fun stuff like indoor pools for kids or soothing spas for grown ups.
But the perfect ski holiday isn’t just about skiing, which is why the Peak Retreats team are celebrating every aspect of winter ski holidays this season by encouraging families to experience different activities in their Winning at Winter Challenge for 2019/2020. The aim is to try something new and exciting and here are Peak Retreats’ recommendations for resorts where you can do just that, all winter long.
1/5 Les Carroz – take the first time ski-jump challenge
If it’s time for kids be a bit more ski-adventurous, Peak Retreats highly recommend Les Carroz this winter. Not only is the ski village packed with traditional Alpine charm, it’s home to the Oasis Fun Zone where modified ski jumps are designed to build kids’ skills and confidence in complete safety – good news for even the most non-helicopter of parents. Speed Experience is another thriller made safe for younger skiers. And for the 2019/20 season, this incredibly family-friendly resort now has the Speed Dragoz Mountain Coaster for virtual reality excitement off the slopes.
Why families pick Peak Retreats at Les Carroz
- Part of the enormous Grand Massif ski area with links to Flaine and Samoëns.
- One of the closest resorts to Geneva Airport – one hour, 40 minutes flying time from UK.
- Kids’ ski lessons start from age three at the ESF Ski School.
- Les Carroz has 20 restaurants, seven bars, a twin-screen cinema and heated outdoor swimming pool.
- Families can try anything from fat biking and snow mobiles to dog sledding or tobogganing.
Where to stay
Right at the foot of the slopes, next door to the ski-school office and 10 minutes walk from the village centre, Les Chalets de Jouvence couldn’t have a better spot in Les Carroz. Plus, the residence has a cosy communal lounge area with open fire, and comes with an indoor swimming pool, hot tubs, saunas and steam rooms.
- Luxury 4-star residence 50m from ski-lifts in Les Carroz.
- Choice of one to four bedroom self-catering apartments sleeping up to 10 guests.
- Indoor heated pool, saunas, steam rooms, hot tubs and fitness room.
- Access to Ȏ des Cîmes Spa Centre.
- Close to ESF ski school and Piou Piou Ski Kindergarten meeting point.
Take a closer look at Les Chalets de Jouvence family apartments in Les Carroz
Find out more about family ski holidays in Les Carroz with Peak Retreats