Finding the right safari for your family
7/10 The Ultimate Luxury Safari: Botswana & Victoria Falls
The absolute ultimate in family adventure: Three nights acclimatising at the iconic Victoria Falls, then flying in for three nights in a luxury camp in Botswana’s Okavango Delta. Finally it’s down to the relatively unknown Makgadikgadi Salt Pan for five nights’ unique luxury adventure – including a quad bike safari of course.
This itinerary is a flying itinerary and the experiences along the way are as incredible as they are varied! Starting at Waterberry Farmhouse you can explore the mighty Zambezi by canoe, sunset river cruise, swimming in Devil’s Pool etc. Then you’re off into the depths of Botswana for a spot of mokoro-game viewing (a dug-out ebony tree canoe) along hippo channels. Finally you’ll end up in the eerily deserted salt pan of Makgadikgadi. If you wish, and if the conditions allow it, you can head off on quad bikes to fly camp on Kubu Island. You know you’ll be the only one at your next dinner party to have had that experience…
- What: 11 nights in Zambia and Botswana (Full Board)
- Where: Livingstone (Zambia), Delta, Makgadikgadi (Botswana)
- Price: £35,562* (£8,890 per person based on a teenage family of four)
- Recommended kids ages: 13 – 15
- Get in touch with Rose at Abambo Family Safaris for a full itinerary and availability.
*July/August rates; does not include scheduled / international flights but includes all domestic travel. Price subject to change according to forex rates.