Imagine if you could combine the charm and appeal of a holiday in Ireland with the thrills and excitement of a family theme park. Now you can, thanks to Ireland – Children's World, the latest European-themed area to open in Germany's biggest theme park, Europa-Park.
The park features a number of themed-areas dedicated to European countries, including Austria, Italy, France and good old England – and Ireland is the latest to join the mix.
The new area cleverly brings the Emerald Isle to life, as brightly coloured tractors chug past vegetable patches and a gentle rollercoaster glides over small hills. There's even an an authentic aroma of freshly baked pies drifting from a timber house! Ireland – Children's World is a wonderfully authentic world of adventure and family attractions waiting to be explored.
1. Swing the day away on the park's new swing boat. Little sailors will love the way the boat glides back and forth, and also turns in circles
2. Paddle around the Tower Tow in little Quipse Paddle Boats
3. Set sail in yellow boats, on the Sheep Rock boat carousel
4. Toot toot! Enjoy train and tractor rides – Ba-a-a Express is a cute little train gives kids aged three and above (and at least 95cm tall) their first experience of a rollercoaster and at Old MacDonald's Tractor Farm passengers ride on life-sized tractors, past scenic veggie patches
4. For some calm among the chaos, Dingle Bay is the perfect spot to soak up some sun and relax in a deckchair, while the kids build sandcastles
5. Step inside Limerick Castle, a true-to-life Irish castle full of slides, mazes and climbing frames, spread over three levels. At the top little explorers will find the enchanting fairy realm
6. Refresh at O'Mackay's Cafe and Pub. The new restaurant features an inviting sun terrace. On the menu are sandwiches, pies, burgers and of course, plenty of cool Guinness
7. Try your luck at the new gift shop, Shamrock Gifts and try the treats on offer at Tender Milka World
8. Face the 18 dragons and feel dizzy on the Spinning Dragons carousel
9. Embrace the lush green vibes of the Emerald, thanks to the 4,000 plants that make Europa-Park's 14th European themed area into a lush, green space
10. Enjoy the live entertainment provided by Ed's Show Wagon, where little ones can meet Ed Euromaus, as well as the puppet show at Limerick Castle and the numerous street artists