When Preferred Hotels & Resorts offer savings of up to 30% on dozens of luxury family holidays everywhere from Southern California to gorgeous County Kildare, don’t hesitate.
With over 750 properties in 85 countries, Preferred Hotels & Resorts is the largest independent collection of luxury hotels in the entire world. Which makes them an excellent partner for families who like the idea of being cossetted and cared for in supreme comfort but want to nurture their own spirit of independence with exciting experiences, big adventures and beautiful, once-in-a-lifetime destinations.
If that sounds tempting so far, take a look at the 16 top resorts handpicked by Preferred Hotels & Resorts with families likes yours in mind and all with savings of up to 30% right now. Happy browsing.
1/16 Balboa Bay Resort, Newport Beach, Southern California
The only Forbes 4-Star, 4-Diamond waterfront resort on Newport Beach, Balboa Bay counts the likes of Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall as former guests. Kids might be more impressed by the laid-back and sunny SoCal atmosphere, huge swimming pool, water sports and the idea of Disneyland less than 30 minutes drive away.
Why families love Balbao Bay
- Choice of spacious room with balconies and brilliant views or one bedroom suites with separate sitting rooms.
- Oceanfront and close to beaches for water sports, kayaking, SUP, sailing and surfing.
- Waterline Restaurant, famous locally for its fresh seafood, inventive kid’s menus and Sunday Brunch or Blend Café for coffee and gelato with sea views.
- Concierge Services Team can organise anything from tickets for Disneyland and ferries bookings for Catalina Island to days out in LA or San Diego.
- Balbao Bay has five 18-hole championship golf courses within a 15 mile radius, and a luxury spa on-site.
Family rooms and suites from £216 per night
Find out more about Balboa Bay Resort with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
2/16 Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, Palm Beach, Florida
Eau Palm Beach is a classic Florida resort overlooking acres of golden sand and flawless blue seas. Guest rooms designed by Jonathan Adler add an edge of urban cool, then it’s all about sunshine, swimming pools, lush tropical gardens, award winning spas and keeping families holiday-happy.
Why families love Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
- Bright, individually designed rooms and suites with balconies and views. Or opulent Lanai Terrace Suites with private gardens and direct pool access.
- Oceanfront with two swimming pools, private beach and large, tropical gardens.
- Four bars and restaurants including farm-to-table, Angle, and Breeze Ocean Kitchen for fresh Atlantic seafood with hints of Florida’s Caribbean, Central American and Asian influences.
- Aquanuts Kids Club does indoor, outdoor and all-over fun for five to 12 year olds year-round and organises sporty and creative Summer Camps for kids too.
- Eau’s private beach is awash with water sports, you can brush up on your game with the resort’s tennis-pro and Eau Spa is one of only 48 Forbes five-star spas worldwide.
Family rooms and suites from £248 per night
Find out more about Eau Palm Beach with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
3/16 Express Inn Nashik, Maharashtra, Western India
Set on the banks of the Godavari River, Express Inn Nashik has amazing views across the city of Nashik, often known as India’s wine capital. The hotel’s larger sized rooms and serviced apartments are ideal for families and on the fun front, kids will definitely enjoy cooling off in the outdoor pool and trying out new tastes in the superb Aster Restaurant.
Why families love Express Inn Nashik
- A range of four-bed family rooms and serviced apartments, all with views over the ancient city of Nashik.
- The hotel has four restaurants and bars including family-friendly Aster and rooftop After Dark, the highest restaurant in Nashik.
- A family-friendly outdoor pool is perfect to cool kids down after a day exploring. And if you want some gentle soothing, Sohum Spa specialises in Thai and Balinese treatments.
- The team here are exceptional and can organise anything from wine tasting to city tours and visits to the magnificent Pandav Leni rock-carved caves or the Panchavati Temple Complex on Godavari River.
- Nashik is just over three hours drive east of Mumbai, so the Express Inn Nashik is also an excellent base for discovering the wildlife and wonders of north western Maharashtra.
Family rooms and suites from £44 per night
Find out more about Express Inn Nashik with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
4/16 Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Great Exuma, Bahamas
All-villa resorts are perfect for family holidays and Grand Isle is an outstanding example. Not only is it designed to echo the charm of a small island community, it’s woven through with all the very best qualities of a luxury Caribbean resort, and just as exciting for kids as it is wind-down-wonderful for parents.
Why families love Grand Isle Resort & Spa
- A choice of one to four bedroom family villas, sleeping up to eight guests, with views over Emerald Bay beaches or the resort’s lush, tropical gardens.
- Each villa has its own well-planned kitchen, or you can opt for The Palapa Grill, the resort’s all-day restaurant with a Caribbean fusion theme.
- Hummingbird Hut is where kids from five to 12 years get to play, create and learn in the company of the resort’s excellent childcare team.
- Older kids can get into water sports on Emerald Bay, Grand Isle’s mile-long private beach, plus kayaks and stand up paddleboards are free for the asking.
- Great Exuma is known for lovely cays, including the world famous island where pigs swim in the sea. The resort’s concierge team can organise anything from island hopping adventures to days out on neighbouring beaches.
Family villas from £216 per night
Find out more about Grand Isle Resort & Spa with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
5/16 Hawks Cay Resort, Duck Key, Florida
Duck Key sits almost right in the middle of the Florida Keys, which gives Hawks Cay Resort some magnificent sea views and its laid-back and beachy atmosphere. Kids can expect heaps of wild encounters here with everything from dolphins to turtles. And it’s another 4-Diamond, Triple-A resort so you won’t be surprised to hear it’s heavenly to look at too.
Why families love Hawks Cay Resort
- With four separate ‘villages’ and a resort hotel, Hawks Cay gives you the choice of family rooms and suites, as well as one, two and three bedroom luxury villas.
- In addition to five separate pools – including the amazing Pirate Ship Pool complete with galleon and waterpark – Hawks Cay has a fully enclosed, saltwater lagoon where kids can spot turtles and sail, snorkel and swim alongside tropical fish.
- Hawks Cay is the first, and only, resort in the US with a resident dolphin pod. It’s also one of the top resorts in the Florida Keys for fishing charters and everything from snorkelling to SUP is professionally organised by the Hawks Cay water sports’ team.
- Hawks Cay has seven different restaurants, including super family-friendly Coral Grill and the Marketplace for fresh, healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Just over two hour’s drive from Miami Airport, Hawks Cay is a close neighbour to delightful Islamorada and fun Marathon. Key Largo and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park are about an hour’s drive north and historic Key West is 50 minutes south of the resort.
Family villas from £202 per night
Find out more about Hawks Cay Resort with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
6/16 Hyde Resort & Residences, Hollywood Beach, Florida
Just 30 minutes drive north of Miami, this exciting all-suites’ resort on Hollywood Beach, looks and feels like an exclusive community. But it also manages to infuse luxury with plenty of warmth and charm, which is only the perfect formula for a fantastic family holiday in south Florida.
Why families love Hyde Resort & Residences
- Choice of one, two and three bedroom suites and spacious, family residences with private terraces, balconies and fabulous ocean views.
- Two enormous infinity pools with private cabanas overlooking Atlantic beaches.
- A 4-Diamond, Triple-A resort with Eména Spa, Pilates and yoga studio, gym and 24/7 concierge service.
- Ninth floor Terrazzas restaurant serves an all-day, family-friendly menu with fabulous Hollywood Beach views, and Etaru Hallandale is the Robatayaki restaurant where theatres is as much of the experience as exquisite Japanese food.
- Hollywood Beach is holiday heaven from acres of golden sand to water sports and golf courses. Biscayne Bay Aquatic Preserve is less than an hour’s drive south of the resort and the glittering city of Miami is closer still.
Family suites from £182 per night
Find out more about Hyde Resort & Residences with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
7/16 The K Club, Straffan, County Kildare, Ireland
Less than half-an-hour west of Dublin, The K Club is like a French château dipped into the heart of County Kildare’s gentle countryside. Designed in 1832 as a faithful copy of Château Louveciennes near Versailles, today it’s one of the grandest five-star resorts in Ireland and as family-friendly as it is lovely.
Why families love The K Club
- A choice of spacious, interconnected family rooms with spa-style bathrooms.
- Both the resort’s 18-hole championship golf courses were designed by Arnold Palmer, and for non-golfers there’s horse riding, clay pigeon shooting and falconry.
- K Cubs takes kid’s fun seriously and whether outdoorsy or creative it’s all well-supervised for ages three and over.
- Kids also have access to bikes, an indoor swimming pool, can try anything from falconry to fly fishing on the River Liffey, and they even get bathrobes and picnics on demand.
- The resort has seven restaurants and bars ranging from The River Room for breakfast to family dinners in The Byerley Turk. The focus is on fresh, local produce and the children’s menus are exceptionally well thought out.
Family suites from £252 per night
Find out more about The K Club with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
8/16 Lorenzo Hotel, Dallas, Texas
The Lorenzo contains over 600 original works of art, has the design sensibilities of an urban boutique hotel, yet manages to be charming, friendly and fantastic with kids at the same time. Plus it’s all in the heart of Dallas, which is a city that’s just as big-hearted, colourful and exciting as you probably always imagined it would be.
Why families love Lorenzo Hotel
- Each of the hotel’s 237 rooms and suites is an original, right down to its art collection, but they all have a fantastic view of Downtown Dallas in common.
- The large and lively hotel pool is great fun for kids, and comes with cabanas, loungers and a cool bar for grown ups.
- Lorenzo Kitchen specialises in southern cooking for breakfast, lunch and dinner, or there’s Kolache Korner for everything from pastries and coffee to brilliant burritos.
- Downtown is the hub of Dallas day or night and Lorenzo is within easy reach of Dallas World Aquarium, Bishop Arts District and West Village and the Perot Museum of Science and Nature.
- The hotel’s excellent concierge service can also arrange days out to legendary theme parks like Six Flags Over Texas or the vast Six Flags Hurricane Harbour waterpark, or anywhere else you and the kids want to go play in and around Dallas.
Family suites from £107 per night
Find out more about Lorenzo Hotel with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
9/16 Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort, Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Monte-Carlo is Monaco’s historic quarter, home to Salle Garnier and the legendary casino, setting for most of the famous Grand Prix and where you’ll find Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort. So expect grandeur and you won’t be disappointed, what may come as a surprise is how family-friendly this extremely chic hotel is and what an effort it makes with kids.
Why families love Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort
- Not only do you have the choice of spacious family rooms and elegant suites here, you can even choose which view you’d like. Med or mountains? It’s up to you.
- The excellent Kid’s Club for three to 12 year olds has its own space in a natural, shady palm grove and focuses on outdoor fun and creative play with an eco-slant – the resort is Green Globe Certified.
- A huge indoor swimming pool, complete with cabanas and jacuzzi, opens out onto an outdoor infinity pool and the resort even has its own sandy-bottomed saltwater lagoon.
- Monte-Carlo Bay sits in four hectares of tropical gardens and comes with three excellent restaurants and a bar that gives the impression of floating on the sea at night.
- If you can tear yourself away from the resort, Monaco has lovely beaches, waterfront cafés and amazing shopping. Or you can drive to the stunning city of Nice in less than an hour for everything from art museums and flower markets to waterparks.
Family suites from £400 per night
Find out about Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
10/16 Hotel Napoléon Paris, Paris, France
Five-star Hotel Napoléon is in the 8th Arrondissement. The one for the Champs-Élysées, Arc de Triomphe, Place de la Concorde and the Élysées Palace. It’s also very close to the Eiffel Tower and near neighbour of The Louvre. So if you want to easily introduce kids to iconic Paris, this is the perfect place to stay.
Why families love Hotel Napoléon Paris
- Elegantly designed suites with sensational views and convenient inter-connecting rooms are made for families with kids.
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner in Le Bivouac restaurant overlooking Avenue de Friedland gives kids a taste of Parisian life without even leaving the hotel.
- Most of the world’s biggest brands have flagship stores on the Champs-Élysées, Avenue de Montaigne is known as the most expensive shopping street in the world and Boulevard Saint-Germain is within easy Métro distance of the hotel.
- Shopping-shy kids will like the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, a day out at magnificent Versailles, quaint city markets and colourful carousels, Disneyland Paris or an afternoon wandering round Montmartre and historic Le Marais.
- The hotel’s friendly, multi-lingual concierge service can help arrange anything from queue-free tickets for Disneyland Paris to family Métro tickets.
Family suites from £360 per night
Find out about Hotel Napoleon Paris with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
11/16 Oceans Edge Resort & Marina, Key West Stock Island, Florida
Key West is the most colourful and historic of the Florida Keys. It’s also the furthest south, dips toes into the Caribbean and cherishes its almost-island spirit. Oceans Edge encapsulates the character of this magical place to a tee and its mix of cool design and barefoot atmosphere makes for great family holidays.
Why families love Ocean Edge Resort & Marina
- Choose from some of the largest rooms and suites in Key West, all decorated in cool, fresh colours with more than a hint of lux in the details.
- Wonderful ocean views are just a tiny part of the appeal of the resort’s six waterfront swimming pools.
- Key West is famous for its seafood and fresh fish, so expect nothing less than delicious from the resort’s Yellowfin Bar & Grill. And the cute Oceans Edge Café is the place for snacks and Starbucks.
- Kayaks, paddleboards or bikes are free to borrow and the friendly resort team can arrange anything from Old Town tours to deep sea fishing charters.
- Go explore the historic quarter, drop in on Hemingway’s house, wander down Duvall Street and don’t miss the sunset ceremony on Mallory Square – finger cymbals optional. And if you want to really voyage, sail over to Dry Tortugas National Park for the day, it’s astonishing.
Family suites from £182 per night
Find out about Ocean Edge Resort & Marina with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
12/16 Reunion Resort & Golf Club, Kissimmee, Florida
Kissimmee is the gateway to Orlando’s world famous theme parks and to The Everglades. So Reunion Resort & Golf Club is a great choice if you want all the luxury of a Four-Diamond, Triple-A resort with its own waterpark, restaurants and golf courses, minutes from Walt Disney World Resort and just as close to one of the world’s most thrilling natural environments.
Why families love Reunion Resort & Golf Club
- A collection of luxurious one, two and three bedroom villas, many with private pools.
- Three championship golf course, an award-winning Tennis Centre with six clay courts, two Pickleball courts, safe bike paths, Bocce Ball courts and a full-size waterpark.
- This enormous and thoughtfully designed resort has its own shuttle service to get guests around, as well as bikes to hire and safe routes for walking and cycling.
- Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, Gatorland, International Drive and Kissimmee Old Town are all within half-an-hour’s drive of Reunion Resort.
- If on-site fun isn’t adventurous enough, Kissimmee is the place for airboat rides on The Everglades, enormous nature reserves and even hot air ballooning.
Family suites from £138 per night
Find out about Reunion Resort & Golf Club with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
13/16 Santarena Hotel, Las Catalinas, Costa Rica
For a combination of gorgeous Pacific beaches, wonderful wildlife and fascinating Costa Rican culture all mixed in with family-friendly outdoor adventure and heaps of fun, pick Santarena Hotel in Guanacaste Province.
Why families love Santarena Hotel
- Santarena is perfect for families of any size with spacious rooms and suites and a choice of villas with up to seven bedrooms.
- There are sensational sea views from hotel’s rooftop pool, and two of the region’s loveliest beaches are just minutes away.
- Costa Rica’s excellent ethics even make it on to the plate at the resort’s Ponciana Resort where fresh and local are the signature theme for breakfast and dinner.
- Las Catalinas is one of the prettiest towns in Guanacaste, totally car-free and within easy walking distance of Santarena Hotel.
- Natural adventure plays a huge part in the Costa Rica experience and this is a great base for guided wildlife hikes, swimming and sailing, snorkelling and exploring.
Family suites from £216 per night
Find out about Santarena Hotel with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
14/16 Trump International Beach Resort, Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
This luxury resort sits surrounded by 10 acres of tropical grounds, beachfront in Sunny Isles, one of Florida’s captivating barrier islands just 30 minutes from Downtown Miami. Between its grotto-style swimming complex and Planet Kids children’s club, this is a good option for younger kids and the location is made for urban adventuring teens.
Why families love Trump International Beach Resort
- All rooms and suites in this high-rise resort have floor to ceiling windows so the sea views are amazing.
- The grotto-style pool complex contains a lap pool, swimming pool, hot tubs, jacuzzi and separate kids’ pool.
- Free access to supervised care at Planet Kids means five to 12 year olds can be off having fun while you indulge in the soothing properties of the resort’s Aquanox Spa.
- The resort has four restaurants and bars, including award-winning Neomi’s and oceanside Gili’s Beach Club.
- As well as a spa and fitness centre, sporty families can try anything from kayaking to snorkelling on the resort’s private beach and Miami is less than 30 minutes away for art galleries and museums, Little Havana, Miami Seaquarium, legendary South Beach and access to outdoor and underwater excitement at Key Biscayne.
Family suites from £172 per night
Find out about Trump International Beach Resort with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
15/16 The Wigwam, Litchfield Park, Arizona
The Wigwam was first built in 1929 and its adobe-style design is as fresh and charming today as ever. There’s just the right hint of desert in the mix here, blended with a very sporty spirit and all the big city thrills of Pheonix less than 30 minutes drive away.
Why families love The Wigwam
- A range of casitas and family suites designed around differently themed areas let you choose exactly the right ambience for your stay.
- The resort has four swimming pools including one with a 25ft water tower and slide.
- Original and inventive water features are the feature of all three 18-hole championship golf courses here.
- Each of the resort’s restaurants and bars has its own individual atmosphere. Hungry kids will love the hands-on style of Red’s and anytime eats at The Tower Pool Bar & Grill.
- Pheonix is known for its year-round sun, fantastic golf courses and spas, thriving arts community and superb museums like the Children’s Museum of Pheonix and the Arizona Challenger Space Centre.
Family suites from £76 per night
Find out about The Wigwam with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
16/16 Woodstock Inn & Resort, Woodstock, Vermont
This Condé Nast Traveler Gold Listed resort is a delight whether you visit beautiful Vermont in spring or summer, catch its world famous autumn colours or come for the snow and skiing in winter.
Why families love Woodstock Inn & Resort
- All rooms and suites are individually designed with authentic details like open fireplaces reflecting the heritage of this historic inn.
- An outdoorsy inn at any time of year, Woodstock makes it easy for guests to do anything from playing golf and fly fishing to mountain biking, hiking, snowboarding or skiing.
- The resort has five bars and restaurants, including the award-winning Red Rooster.
- Snowy Vermont is magical in winter and the Woodstock Inn is just a short drive from family-friendly ski areas in the Green Mountains.
- From the iconic covered bridges and delightful heritage towns to the wide open and welcoming countryside Vermont’s fairy-tale prettiness and quaint charm has masses of kid appeal.
Family suites from £215 per night
Find out about Woodstock Inn & Resort with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Now you know Preferred Hotels & Resorts a little better, it’s hard to imagine you aren’t tempted to take them up on their generous offer of 30% off some of the world’s most family-friendly and fabulous independent hotels. But if you need a little extra persuasion, try I Prefer. It’s the world’s first global points-based loyalty programme for independent hotels, unique to Preferred Hotels & Resorts and designed to reward you just for the pleasure of staying in luxury at some of the loveliest places in the world.
Find out more about I Prefer with Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Take a closer look at Preferred Hotels & Resorts and celebrate your spirit of independence with savings of up to 30% on luxury family holidays.