2/6 Family sailing holidays in Croatia - level two
Apparently the Adriatic is so brilliantly blue that, along Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast, you can see it from space. Just one of the many seafaring yarns to tell kids on a Level Two flotilla holiday from Dubrovnik to Ston. You could also point out that Marco Polo was born on Korčula Island; only the Great Wall of China is greater than the 14th century battlements running over the hills of Ston, and Dubrovnik stars in Game of Thrones. That is if you can peel young sailors away from snorkelling and swimming, exploring national parks and hanging out with their new-found flotilla friends.
- Warm, sunny weather and line of sight sailing.
- Touring historic Dubrovnik and Game of Thrones’ locations.
- Exploring Korčula Island, supposed, birthplace of Marco Polo.
- Climbing the 14th century defensive walls around Ston.
- Snorkelling and swimming in the Adriatic.
- Swimming the salt lakes, and hiking, in Mljet National Park,
- Wine tasting in Lumbarda.
Where: Adriatic, Dalmatian Coast, Croatia
Ports: Dubrovnik; Slano; Mljet Island; Korčula Island; Ston
Holiday type: Level Two. Guided flotilla. Dedicated skippers available.
Length: Seven day holiday, approximately three to five hours sailing per day.