Quirky places to stay in Europe this summer
2/14 Woodland wonder – North Star Club Cabin, Whitby
With its hint of North American pioneer style, a whisper of the North York Moors and the unmistakeable romance of Whitby’s historic coast, this forest cabin aims to fulfil every holiday fantasy in one fell swoop. The interior mixes opulence and snuggle-down comfort, on the luxe side of rustic-chic, for cosy family evenings. Although you might just find the communal campfire is an irresistible invitation to toast marshmallows and swap tales with the neighbours now and then.
Why families love North Star Club Cabin
Set in woodland on the North York Moors, North Star Club is just over an hour’s drive from Whitby, Scarborough and dramatic Flamborough Head.
- Hiking in the Yorkshire Wolds
- Traditional English seaside days out in Scarborough or Whitby
- 800 acres of wild woodland to explore
- Clifftop treks at Flamborough Head
- Allerthorpe Park for water sports
- Sleeps up to four
- One bedroom, living room, kitchen, private veranda with BBQ
- Family shower room
- Woodburning stove, electric heating
From £124 per night, based on a family of two adults and two children.