Stop searching high and low for the ideal holiday and take a breath. Carrier are the UK’s leading specialists in creating family holidays which are so perfectly suited to you, they can only be described as The One.
Over the past 30 years, they’ve designed many holidays, sent families to every corner of the world, discovered unique experiences for them, and taken care of every tiny detail – even if that’s meant arranging a letter from Santa, personally inviting kids to a once in a lifetime Lapland adventure.
They understand that no two families are the same, so the only absolutely perfect holiday for you is the one you dream up, and they make happen. Fortunately, there’s plenty to inspire you in Carrier’s The One 2018 collection, a curated edit of luxury holidays and experiences for 2018.
Here’s a sneak preview of just five luxury family holidays to give you a hint of how choosing The One for your family works with Carrier.
1/5 Niyama Private Islands: the One for big family get togethers
Niyama Private Islands in The Maldives is a clever concept, bordering on genius: two luxurious resort islands, both with unique personalities, and separated only by a sliver of blue-green Indian Ocean.
Chill Island is The Maldives of peace and tranquillity. Slip across the water, and Play, is the energetic isle of water sports, creative kids’ clubs, poolside ice cream bars, treetop adventures, and wild beachy fun.
Naturally you get to indulge in both, so if you’re planning a big family and friends holiday in 2018, Carrier definitely recommend Niyama as the One to keep everyone happy.
- Five star luxury resort across two Indian Ocean islands, winner of Condé Nast Traveller Readers’ Choice Award 2017.
- Cool, contemporary design with intriguing features like floating and nesting restaurants, and underwater bars.
- Explorers Kids Clubs from 12 months to 12 years.
- Water sports, diving, snorkelling and sailing. Wide choice of family activities.
- 24-hour Drift Spa, with children and family spa experiences.
- Choice of beachfront villas, pool villas, studios, and family suites.
- The Crescent: an exclusive collection of five overwater villas designed for large groups of up to 14 adults and eight children. Each villa has a private pool, and there’s a dedicated team of Crescent staff including butlers and a personal chef.
Is Niyama Private Islands the one for your big, family get together?
2/5 Four Seasons Walt Disney World® Resort: the One to thrill teens
Teens might think they’re too old for Disney but underneath they’re still wide-eyed with enchantment, given half a chance.
Four Seasons Orlando isn’t a Disney hotel, it’s just in the Walt Disney Resort. So teens have theme parks within minutes, views of the Magic Kingdom and Epcot every morning, and a sky full of dazzling fireworks to end each day.
In between times, they can hang out at Four Seasons with other teens in The Hideout, take professional tennis lessons, eat up a storm round the hotel’s restaurants and cafés, or compare neighbourhood attractions to Explorer Island: Four Season’s own version of a theme park, packed with family activities, fun places to play, pools with movies on the side, and even its own thrill-drenched waterpark.
So if you want to get the balance between child-like excitement and essential cool just right, Four Seasons Orlando is the One Carrier highly recommend for teens.
- Five star luxury resort inside Walt Disney Resort, Orlando.
- Minutes from the Magic Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- A short drive Universal Studio’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and less than 20 minutes from International Drive.
- Kids for All Seasons club for three to 12 year olds.
- The latest in gaming and other teen obsessions at The Hideout.
- Explorer Island with Splash Zone waterpark and fun family activities.
- Choose a family suite or room with a balcony overlooking Walt Disney Resort, and kids have a ringside seat for Disney’s evening fireworks, and the best views in Orlando the minute they wake up every morning.
Is Four Seasons Orlando the one for your teens?
3/5 Morukuru Family, South Africa: the One for family adventures
It’s difficult to imagine how family safari holidays in South Africa could be any more once-in-a-lifetime than they are naturally. Until you come across the Morukuru Family Freedom Concept, and discover the most iconic of all adventures, made even more memorable and thrilling; not to mention, remarkably luxurious and original.
- Safari in either Madikwe Game Reserve in northern South Africa or De Hoop Nature Reserve on the Western Cape.
- Stay in Morukuru Family’s beautifully designed bush homes, carefully planned with families, and kids of all ages, as priority.
- Each home has a personal chef, butler, hostess and housekeeper, as well as the services of private wildlife guides and trackers, and even a children’s nanny, if required.
- Morukuru individually tailor all family safaris; personalising game drives and marine adventures, and giving you a wide choice of cultural experiences, outdoor activities and entertainment.
- Madikwe Game Reserve is the country’s fifth largest, still relatively unknown, and home to the Big 5; as well as elusive African Wild Dogs, cheetah, and over 350 species of birds.
- De Hoop Marine Protected Reserve is one of the best places in the world to spot whales from land. Plus, over 86 mammal species make their home in the Nature Reserve here, including rare Cape Mountain Zebra and Bontebok.
Is a Morukuru Family safari adventure the One for your family?
4/5 Jumby Bay Island, Antigua: the One for family bonding
Jumby Bay is an exclusive private resort island just off the south east coast of Antigua. It shares all the paradise characteristics of its famous neighbour, but on Jumby, you have more of paradise to yourself.
If you think that sounds too romantic for kids, Jumby Bay is happy to prove you wrong. It might be one of the finest resorts in the West Indies, but it couldn’t be more child-friendly or dedicated to nurturing family together time.
Think mother & daughter spa treats, fun learning experiences for kids and parents, team turtle watching, round-island family cycles, as well as children’s menus in all four restaurants; and you begin to get the idea.
- Jumby Bay is an AAA Five-Diamond luxury resort, and was recently awarded a Forbes Travel Guide 5-Star rating.
- Rose Buds kids club focuses on outdoor adventures, exploring the island, and creative play.
- The Spa at Jumby Bay incorporates a Kiddy Spa Retreat.
- Island hopping, water sports, snorkelling, swimming with stingrays, diving and sailing, are just a few of the resort’s family activities.
- As well as Caribbean beaches, Jumby Bay also has stunning swimming pools, including an ocean-edge infinity pool.
- All resort suites have their own, private pools, and families have a choice of large estate homes, with up to eight bedrooms, secluded gardens and sun terraces.
- Jumby Bay Island is six minutes sail from Antigua on the resort’s private ferry. Direct flights from the UK to Antigua, year-round, take just over eight hours.
Is Jumby Bay Island the One for your family bonding?
5/5 Ritz Carlton Abama, Tenerife: the One for fun learning
More like a grand Moorish palace complex than a mere hotel, the Ritz Carlton Abama sits imperiously on Tenerife’s lovely west coast, gazing across the Atlantic towards the island of La Gomera.
This is an unmistakeable five star luxury resort, from its Michelin starred restaurants right down to the feather beds. The service is sublime, naturally; and you can’t miss the Ritz Carlton signature on everything from championship golf courses to the opulent spa.
But it’s also an extraordinary resort for kids, where education is as much part of the holiday experience as swimming pools or beaches, and young guests can’t tell the difference between learning and fun. So if you’ve a budding little astronomer, marine biologist, zoologist or even a potential tennis ace in the family, this is one to seriously consider.
- Five star luxury resort on Tenerife’s west coast, surrounded by 180 hectares of tropical garden against a backdrop of spectacular mountain scenery.
- Ritz Kids is one of the largest kids clubs in Europe with an extensive activity programme developed in partnership with Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ocean Futures Society; Teide National Park; and Tenerife’s Loro Parque Zoo.
- Fun learning for kids includes: star gazing on Mount Teide; interacting with animals and keepers at local zoos; nature and wildlife adventures in the resort grounds; cultural experiences; theatre; art and performance.
- Family and children’s lessons are available at the Annabel Croft Tennis Academy.
- Ritz Teens Club is packed with activities from water polo to movie nights for 13 to 17 year olds.
- One of the most family-friendly resorts on Tenerife, Abama even has a miniature train for travelling round the grounds, and a funicular to carry guests down to the beach.