Beautiful beach holidays for familiesSponsored
The world is covered in wonderful beaches, but to find a luxury beach resort, where family fun has precedence over romance, and kids can be kids, takes skill.
Elegant Resorts put over thirty years’ experience into choosing every one of their handpicked resorts worldwide. They are experts in all things beachy, and they understand that luxury for families is as much about freedom as idyllic, white sands and warm, blue seas.
So if this is your year to take priority on some of earth’s loveliest beaches, have a look at the six chosen by Elegant Resorts where you can do just that.
1/6 Carlisle Bay, Antigua
Carlisle Bay is ridiculously beachy. It’s also one of the few luxury resorts in the Caribbean to welcome babies as young as six months, and properly pamper them; right down to freshly prepared purees and peaceful sleeping arrangements – there’s a beautifully designed wing here, exclusively for families.
Heaps of attention is lavished on older kids too. There are amazing clubs for junior adventurers; creative and exciting activity programmes during UK school holidays for seven to 12 year olds; and private swimming lessons, water sport tuition, and days out to legends like Sting Ray City, to soak up any spare energy.
Thoughtfully created spa treatments are perfect for soothing teens. And every kid’s a mini-gourmand at Carlisle Bay, whether they’re tucking into bento-box lunches or a lovingly prepped high tea; timed just right for you to try some spa soothing of your own.
- Five star luxury resort on Antigua’s lush, south coast; overlooking one of the island’s 365 flawless, Caribbean beaches.
- Cool Kids Club for children from six months to six years.
- Blue Crew club and activity programme during school holidays for kids from ages seven to 12 years.
- Water sports; Bubblemaker for first time divers from age eight; private swimming lessons.
- Blue Spa, wellness centre and yoga pavilion.
- Eight restaurants and bars; supervised, early evening high-tea for kids.
- 20 minutes east of 18th century English Harbour and Nelson’s Dockyard.
- Half-an-hour south of the Antiguan capital, St. John’s: one of the prettiest, small, colonial cities in the Caribbean.
- Seven nights in a Garden Suite at Carlisle Bay, including breakfast, from £7140 per family of three.