NIZUC Resort & Spa: a fresh take on luxury family holidays in CancunSponsored
Family holidays in Cancun just became even more desirable. Why? We discovered NIZUC Resort & Spa and its extraordinary mix of extreme luxury, Mayan heritage and endless beachy, sunny and kid-friendly fun. Take a look.
To begin with, NIZUC Resort & Spa is set on Punta NIZUC. This extraordinary location is where Mayan astronomers once mapped the galaxy. Although more recently, it has become known as a retreat for international leaders looking to escape their hectic lives for a little.
That mix of heritage and exclusivity may very well have inspired NIZUC Resort & Spa. There is no mistaking the powerful Mayan influence in the architecture. However, even the smallest details whisper quiet luxury. Nothing is overstated. The design is simply beautiful, although in a way that feels extremely natural and inclusive. So it’s perhaps less of a surprise to discover that NIZUC is also very child-friendly. In fact, well over two thirds of the rooms and suites here are designed for families. And both the atmosphere and activities make children feel instantly at home.
Complete escapism less than 15 from Cancun Airport
As well as a stunning location, the resort is also surrounded by a 29-acre natural reserve which includes two private beaches: one for families and one for adults-only. So although Cancun International Airport is less than 15 minutes’ drive away, NIZUC creates a sense of complete escapism if that’s what you want.
However, Cancun itself is nearby when you’re in the mood for a lively resort vibe. Beachy and bustling Playa del Carmen is an easy drive east. And if you want to explore more ancient local heritage, legendary Mayan sites like Chichen Itza and Tulum make fun days out.
NIZUC offers the luxury of choice on family holidays in Cancun
Whatever you plan to do on holiday, the Caribbean Sea and pretty much constant sun will undoubtedly have factored into your choice of Cancun. Making the most of both is a design feature across all family rooms, suites and villas at NIZUC.
- Luxurious Residence Suites are ideal for families as they all include private terraces with plunge pools, and garden or ocean views.
- One bedroom Private Pool Villas are set in tropical gardens, but only minutes from beaches and resort pools.
- Private Pool Pavillion Villas come with their own infinity pool and waterfall. Again in a lush garden setting close to the sea and all resort facilities.
- The two bedroom Presidential Villa offers a private pool, patio and rooftop sundeck as well as a private garden and spacious living areas.
- Butler service throughout your stay is also available at all NIZUC villas.
Active families find their bliss at NIZUC Resort & Spa
NIZUC packs every day with new adventures. Alternatively you can simply chill if that’s more your mood. It’s entirely up to you and your kids, simply choose what you want to do and practically anything is possible.
- Winik’s Kids Club is an amazingly creative space with a daily activity programme for 4 to 12 year olds. Just as hint of what’s in store, children can get up to anything from making their own piñata to cookie baking.
- Every Saturday morning, the NIZUC Junior Tennis Carnival lets kids from 6 to 10 years join in fun games, skill-build and learn teamwork with the resort’s tennis pro.
- Teens have the independence of their own separate Terra Nostra Lounge with pool table, pin-ball and board games.
- Pick up a complimentary paddleboard or sea kayak to enjoy a more active side to the family beach.
- NIZUC white sand beaches sit on the edge of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef – the second largest in the world. So snorkelling here is also sensational.
- As well as the Junior Tennis Carnival, NIZUC has a full tennis programme including adult and kids’ clinics, personalised workout drills and private or group instruction.
- Adults can take part in activities ranging from yoga and sushi making to live Cuban jazz evenings.
- NIZUC is home to the first ESPA Spa in the Mexican Caribbean. At 30K square feet, it’s luxuriously spacious and incorporates both male and female hydrotherapy areas, private spa-villas and an outdoor spa pool.
- This year you can also experience the new MedSpa at NIZUC Spa which offers spa relaxation combined with medical expertise to provide a range of non-invasive aesthetic treatments.
NIZUC turns family holidays in Cancun into culinary adventures
In addition to white sand beaches, no fewer than five resort pools and the lavish ESPA Spa, NIZUC is known for its outstanding food. Since first opening in 2013, the resort’s ambition to create a ‘global dining experience’ has been more than achieved. And today’s team of international master chefs are behind a line-up of six remarkable restaurants.
- Breakfast is the signature dish at laid-back Café de la Playa. Diverse and delicious is always the theme here and it’s a great place to start the day.
- Peruvian NI overlooks the beach from its broad terrace and focuses on fresh seafood, ceviches and tiraditos.
- Ramona is where traditional Mexican cuisine comes with a contemporary twist in a stunning setting.
- The design concept for La Punta Grill & Lounge is natural materials, sleek lines and sheer luxury. As you’d expect from the best of best grills, steak and fish rule the menu.
- Terra Nostra is the place for extraordinary home-made pasta and wood-oven specialities showcasing the freshest seasonal ingredients for a simple, yet exceptional, Mediterranean dining experience.
- Inspired Indochine is a culinary journey through different Asian regions, both in its design and menus.
Look forward to easy every day adventures at NIZUC
Above all else, a family holiday on the Yucatan Peninsula is great fun for families. In that spirit NIZUC has a whole range of fantastic tours and adventures for you and your kids to experience.
- Go on a guided tour of Chichén Itzá, home of the famous Kukulkàn Pyramid – one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
- Try guided snorkelling or diving adventures on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef.
- Visit ancient Tulum on Riviera Maya. It’s the only fortified Mayan city on the coast and one of Mexico’s most stunning archaeological sites.
- Head to Cancun for everything from deep-sea sport fishing to extreme ziplining.
- Tour the world’s first Underwater Art Museum in Cancun and Punta NIZUC, either by glass-bottom boat or on a guided scuba dive.
How to plan family holidays at NIZUC Resort & Spa
NIZUC Resort & Spa sits on Punta NIZUC on Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula. Cancun is just to the east and Cancun International Airport is less than 15 minutes’ drive from the resort.
How to get there
Direct UK flights to Cancun are available year round from both London and Manchester.
Flights between the UK and Cancun take from 10 hours, 30 minutes.