This summer, Experience Kissimmee invited YouTube singing stars The Marsh Family to the Vacation Home Capital of the World® to thank them for entertaining us all during lockdown. Whilst in Kissimmee, Florida in their home-away-from-home, the family recorded their new single, “House of So Much Fun” – a quirky rendition of The House of the Rising Sun, which reflects their stay in a holiday home. Listen to the family’s new single here and read an exclusive interview about their time in Kissimmee.
How was The Marsh Family experience of a Kissimmee holiday home?
As a family of six we usually have to make compromises on holiday, not in Kissimmee. Our six bedroom holiday home surpassed our expectations completely. The kids loved having their own rooms and bathrooms. There was a games room, as well as a home cinema, and we all appreciated the luxury of our private swimming pool.
The entire house was incredibly well equipped and creatively decorated – the three kids’ rooms were actually themed, which was great fun. Plus, as part of the Encore Resort, one of Kissimmee’s newest, our holiday home gave us access to everything from an amazing waterpark and kids’ club to restaurants, coffee shops and even a grocery delivery service.
Whilst we had seen a lot about the world famous theme parks for which the area is well known, we were surprised that they were only a 10 minute drive from where we were staying. This is a big feature of holiday homes in Kissimmee and probably one of the many reasons it’s now known as the Vacation Home Capital of the World®.
Book The Marsh Family’s amazing Kissimmee holiday home and get 10% off the rental rate with booking code MARSH∗
How to find your perfect Kissimmee holiday home
Although there are no holiday rentals at all in Orlando itself, nearby Kissimmee more than makes up for that. Only 25 minutes’ drive from Orlando International Airport, it’s the closest area to theme parks and offers over 50,000 different holiday rental options. If that sounds like a lot, visit Experience Kissimmee where you’ll find it couldn’t be easier to choose your ideal holiday home.
Kids will enjoy exploring the American style houses online, especially when they discover how many have private pools. If you want to enjoy Kissimmee outdoors as much as possible, look for holidays homes near lakes and nature reserves, there are plenty. And golfers will be delighted by the number of properties with designer courses on site.
Of course, proximity to theme parks is what everyone wants, so that’s a Kissimmee holiday home standard. Although what’s not standard is size. Everything from apartments to multi-room mansions is available to rent in Kissimmee. So whether you’re planning a first break with baby or a multi-gen getaway, finding accommodation to fit is not an issue.
What surprised The Marsh Family most about Kissimmee?
What surprised us most was how much variety there was in Kissimmee. One morning we were driving along a typical American strip, pointing out iconic food outlets, famous symbols and big adventures on Highway 192. Then suddenly, in just one turn off, we were immersed in a totally different world as we pulled into The Paddling Center at Shingle Creek.
Within minutes we were all loaded into three kayaks and floating down a flooded, tranquil world of cypress swamps, turtles, and cicadas (whose noise just about drowned out the sound of arguing about who was paddling worst).
Try The Marsh Family outdoor adventures for yourself
Never let it be said that a holiday in Kissimmee isn’t full of contrasts. You can fill up on theme parks, shop the greatest of great outlet malls, work your way round endless restaurants, catch a heritage vibe in Downtown Kissimmee and then just head out into the wilds for an adventure. Plus, when you crave the beach, you’ve the choice of the Gulf Coast or the Atlantic: either one is just over an hour’s drive from Kissimmee.
Most people think about the Everglades as the National Park in the south of Florida, in fact Kissimmee is actually the Gateway to the Everglades®. So if you want iconic airboat rides and gator spotting you’re in the right place. It’s also a great area for kayaking and canoeing on pretty creeks as well as hiking and biking in nature reserves. Hot air ballooning at sunrise is another unforgettable Kissimmee experience. And speaking of sun: it shines most of the time in Central Florida. Plus it’s warm all year round, only perfect conditions for outdoor adventuring.
- Flying over Central Florida in a hot air balloon gives you a unique perspective on everything from world-famous theme parks to lush orange groves and The Headwaters to the Everglades. A sunrise flight might be even more magical for kids than the first glimpse of the Cinderella Castle!
- For lots of adventures in one place, you want Wild Florida. Here you can take a guided airboat tour, explore ancient beyond imagining landscapes and glimpse protected wildlife at home in the swamps, marshes and rivers. Then hop off the boat to drive round the Safari Park. Wild Florida’s BBQ is also highly recommended. And don’t miss the ‘nuisance alligators’ pond, it’s as close as you want to get to these fearsome beasts.
- If your kids like rope courses and Tree Trek Challenges, Kissimmee has those too. Little thrill-seekers as young as seven can explore acre upon acre of tree canopy. Zip lines, rope bridges and swings are all part of the fun. And we don’t want to go on about it: but rope courses are even more exhilarating in the warm Florida sun.
- Nature reserves and parks networked with trails make hiking and biking easy to do in Kissimmee. And don’t forget, most local bike hire companies will deliver to your holiday home.
Which theme park experience won hands down for The Marsh Family?
The most memorable ride for most of us was The Incredible Hulk Coaster® at Universal’s Island of Adventure, because we walked straight into the park – without knowing what to expect and were totally blown away. Tess and Danielle’s favourite ride was a bit further round the park: the Jurassic Park River Adventure™, mainly because of the cool way it built up tension, and then had a big flume finish!
Put The Marsh Family favourites and more to the theme park test
You might be surprised by how much nature there is in Kissimmee, but theme parks you expect. However, you should still get ready to be astonished by the diversity and sheer volume of parks in this part of Florida. It’s also fair to say you might not see them all on one holiday, but choose your family holiday home wisely and you’ll get round quite a few.
- The minute you step inside the famous jaw-ed entrance of Gatorland, you’re immersed in all things alligator. But you’ll be amazed how varied alligator applications can be. So look forward to everything from top-rated zip lines and thrilling shows to a remarkable breeding swamp and even a gator-themed splashpark.
- For larger than life excitement, it has to be Universal Orlando Resort. Just 20 minutes from Downtown Kissimmee this is the one where kids can ride Hogwarts™ Express. It’s also the park for The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man® up close encounters with T-Rex, even more Harry Potter™ thrills and photo-ops by the mile.
- If your kids are too young for rollercoasters, Kissimmee has plenty of perfect parks to fill their holiday too. Peppa Pig Park is even more colourful under the Florida sun and LEGOLAND® Florida positively dazzles. SeaWorld® is a classic for all ages. And can you do Kissimmee without doing Walt Disney®World Resort? We don’t think so!
- When you want a waterpark that’s fresh, lively, and really good value, you want Island H2O Waterpark. One of the newest in Kissimmee, it’s already a firm favourite. And even if your kids are experts, they’ll be amazed by the sheer scale of the rides here.
More iconic Kissimmee moments from The Marsh Family
We ate like kings in Kissimmee and ticked off a lot of requests alongside eating at some lovely restaurants. Calling for take out pizza after a long day at Universal Orlando Resort and picking up donuts ticked a lot of boxes for the kids. We had a fabulous steak meal and Thomas ate his first lobster and we were treated to some amazing Brazilian food on our final day.
It was also great to find places where you could wander around on foot, like Old Town Kissimmee, where we found a tapas bar with live music, and a couple of blocks further down an amazing dessert experience at Abracadabra Ice Cream Factory, where we witnessed custom ice-creams being mixed from scratch with liquid nitrogen!
It’s rare that everyone’s happy all of the time, but we do our best to make sure everyone has an activity, event or even somewhere to stay they can look forward to.
Look forward to world class resort hotels for your Kissimmee family holiday
If your family looks forward to room service and the luxury of being taken care of on holiday, try Kissimmee’s world class resort hotels. Again there are many to choose from and they fit every style of family holiday whether you want amazing spas and designer golf courses or kids’ clubs, activity programmes and award-winning restaurants. Plus, even the highest-end resorts in Kissimmee treat kids like honoured guests.
Kissimmee accommodation also knows how to work a family holiday budget without compromising. So expect many popular hotel brands offering spacious family rooms and fantastic pools. Boutique hotels are authentic options if you’re in town with teens. And the wide range of four-star resorts with families in mind, combine quality and good value.
Now you know why you need a Kissimmee family holiday, here’s how. Visit Experience Kissimmee for everything to plan your getaway from more than 50,000 great holiday homes to where to go and what to see with kids.
*Jeeves Florida Rentals Discount Code T&Cs
- Excluding all Elite homes and promo restricted units
- Booking Dates from 14 October through 30 November 2022
- Travel Dates from 6 January through 31 March 2023
- Online Purchase Only