The USA is where Hertz call home. For over 90 years, it’s been in the business of helping families like yours discover Florida the way you want – comfortably, affordably and in your ideal car.
1. Book early for the best deals and choice. We have locations all over the Sunshine State.
2. Make sure you take the right documents – It’s a legal requirement to have your photocard driving licence and paper counterpart with you while driving in Florida. Keep your passport with you, too.
3. Carry a credit card for any local charges or excess payments.
4. Plan your journey.
1. Remember to drive on the ‘other’ side of the road in the USA – i.e. on the RIGHT!
2. Prepare yourself for the freeways. Expect anything up to five lanes; there’s no fast lane, so over/undertaking can happen in any lane. Consider opting for NeverLost GPS, which has advanced 3D lane guidance.
3. Be safe:
4. Watch out for toll-road payments. In Florida, they’re called Turnpikes, and costs range from 25 cents to several dollars. Payment is in exact change. To avoid queues, it may be a good idea to invest in the Hertz Plate Pass.
Families with young children:
Try the Toyota Corolla or Mercedes E Class (Prestige) for comfort and space.
For environmentally-conscious families:
Try the Chevrolet Malibu (Green Traveller).
For two families sharing the drive:
Try the Chevrolet Tahoe or Escalade AWD/vLincoln (Prestige).
For holidays with grandparents:
Try the Ford Explorer or Mercedes GL450 (Prestige).
For families with teenagers:
Try the Dodge challenger (Fun) or Mustang Convertible (Dream).
We’re the world’s leading car-rental company. Our size enables us to always offer you brilliant-value-for-money rates; more conveniently situated pick-up points; and a bigger choice of cars, such as our Collections ranges, which come complete with a make and model guarantee, so that the car you book is the car you drive. Our US Collections are:
Plus: Gold Plus Rewards – our free-to-join loyalty programme that: