Abu Dhabi winter sun breaks promise temperatures around 25˚ from November to February. Even better, they don’t involve a long-haul flight with kids: direct UK flights take under seven hours and there’s no jet lag. Sound interesting? Take a look at what else Abu Dhabi promises families this winter.
Incredible family beaches for Abu Dhabi winter sun breaks
Abu Dhabi does beaches beautifully. Many family resorts sit on the Arabian Gulf and have their own, private stretches of sand. But several of the emirate’s public beaches are too good to miss.
- Corniche Beach is one of the city’s best loved beaches, not least of all because it has sensational views of Abu Dhabi and two of its three zones are reserved for families.
- Saadiyat Beach is pristine and lovely. It’s also a nesting site for Hawksbill Turtles, protected dune area and offers low-impact water sports.
- Yas Beach has cabanas, loungers and cool drinks for lazy-day sunbathing. Plus it’s packed with family activities from SUP on the Arabian Gulf to kayaking through mangrove reserves.
- Nation Riviera Beach Club belongs to The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, welcomes day guests and is everything you’d expect from a five-star resort beach.
- Al Bateen Beach is 800m long, overlooks Hudairiyat Island and recently received a Blue Flag for sustainability.
Try amazing island hopping adventures in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi spreads across more than 200 islands. Several are mini fun-satellites loaded with family attractions. Some have wildlife experiences. And all come with winter sun.
- Yas Island is where to head for Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Waterworld, Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi and Yas Marina Circuit.
- Sir Bani Yas Island gives more than half its area to the Arabian Wildlife Park. And dedicates quite a bit to sustainable, family-friendly Anantara Resorts.
- Saadiyat Island is the one for Louvre Abu Dhabi and sensationally long Saadiyat Beach.
Abu Dhabi winter sun breaks are packed with family attractions
Abu Dhabi is a fun city with a strong spirit of adventure, a cultured soul and plenty of family attractions as proof.
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque contains one of the world’s largest chandeliers, over 1000 marble columns and the largest hand-knotted carpet on earth.
- Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi, Yas Island is the world’s biggest indoor theme park and features over 30 rides as well as restaurants, shops and family shows.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Island has more than 35 Ferrari themed rides including Formula Rossa – the world’s fastest rollercoaster.
- Yas Waterworld, Yas Island includes the world’s largest simulated surf waves, and a 550m water-coaster incorporating interactive laser effects.
- Wadi Adventure, Al Ain is where to find the UAE’s first man-made white water rafting experience, plus 200m long ziplines and vertical climbing walls.
- Marina Eye, Abu Dhabi Corniche has Abu Dhabi’s best view from Marina Eye Ferris Wheel set on the Corniche Breakwater.
Have an Abu Dhabi family activity holiday this winter
Sunshine, Arabian Gulf beaches, vast landscapes and desert adventures make Abu Dhabi a prime pick for family activity holidays in winter.
- Desert Safaris at authentic camps in Al Dhafra desert region let you spend the day playing before an evening of feasting and entertainment under the stars.
- Sand boarding and skiing on the unimaginably tall dunes at the edge of Rub Al-Khali, the Empty Quarter, takes winter sports to another level for kids.
- Kayaking in Abu Dhabi’s legendary Mangrove National Park is unforgettable. Try eco-kayaking tourss with local guides.
- Snorkelling round the clear, protected waters of Sir Bani Yas Island in mid-winter is an amazing experience for older kids.
- The ancient city of Al Ain is a World Heritage site, just two hours from Abu Dhabi and one of the world’s oldest permanently inhabited settlements.
- Jebel Hafeet Tombs are the pitstop to make before you drive up the iconic, snakelike mountain road to the top of Jebel Hafeet.
- The Yellow Boats are a fun way to see Abu Dhabi from the Corniche and Lulu Island to the Grand Mosque.
How to plan an Abu Dhabi family holiday
How to get there
Direct UK flights to Abu Dhabi take from 7 hours, 15 minutes. Etihad Airways flies daily from both London Heathrow and Manchester year-round.
With over 15 years experience in luxury travel, Destinology is a leading provider of exceptional, high-end holidays. A unique blend of first-hand destination expertise, first-class service, and superb relationships with carefully selected travel partners, allows the team to create the ultimate, personalised 5* holidays. With Destinology, you receive a true concierge experience, ensuring all the details – the ones that really matter to you – are taken care of personally, passionately and to the highest standard.
Call the team now on 01204 802 075 or visit Destinology