It’s always a good time to find the perfect Abu Dhabi hotel for your family. You can fly from the UK to Abu Dhabi in less than seven hours, which is ideal for winter sun or holidays any time of year. Plus, you don’t need to worry about jet lag, because there isn’t any.
But an effortless flight is just one of the surprises this laid back, cultured and brilliantly beachy emirate has in store for families. Think islands galore, world class art collections, world first theme parks, astonishing new architecture and most of the UAEs World Heritage sites for starters.
Great fun any time, Abu Dhabi is a particularly inspired choice for winter breaks. And – again with the surprises – you can find an Abu Dhabi hotel to fit just about every family budget, style of holiday, ages and stages of kids or even special interests: golf resorts within minutes of theme parks, for example.
Ready to be surprised and delighted a bit more? Here are seven very different, very family-friendly, places to stay handpicked by the experts at Experience Abu Dhabi. Take a look, and see if they’ve found your perfect Abu Dhabi hotel.
1/7 Rixos Saadiyat Island Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi’s first all-inclusive luxury resort, Rixos sits beachfront on Saadiyat Island and includes everything in a family holiday from all the fun of Rixy Kids Club to all-day dining, heaps of entertainment, water sports and beach sports, and a huge choice of family rooms, suites and three or four bedroom villas with private pools.
Why families love Rixos Saadiyat Island Abu Dhabi
- Five-star all-inclusive beachfront resort on Saadiyat Island.
- Choice of family rooms, one and two bedroom suites or villas with private pools.
- Aqua Park & Wave Pool, private beach.
- Fully supervised Rixy Kids Club for four to 17 year olds.
- 10 restaurants and bars including Turquoise all-day dining.
- Anjana Spa with Turkish Hammam.
- Two tennis courts, daily sport and activity programme.
- Five minutes from Louvre Abu Dhabi.
- 15 minutes’ drive from Downtown Abu Dhabi.
2/7 Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas: beachfront on cultured Saadiyat Island
Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas has a stunning location beachfront on Saadiyat Island: next to the city’s Cultural District; a short drive from Downtown Abu Dhabi and, so close to Saadiyat Beach, you can count Hawksbill Turtles as near neighbours.
The resort’s also home to the Aladdin’s Cave kids club which comes with its own lazy river and waterslides, a splash pool, cinema and nicely chilled Teen Zone. And if you’re wondering how to fill child-free time, Zen the Spa is perfect for soothing parents or there’s always the distraction of endless Arabian Gulf views from Rotana’s peaceful private beach.
Why families love Saadiyat Rotana
- Five-star beach resort overlooking Arabian Gulf.
- Choice of family rooms, suites and one or two-bedroom beach villas.
- Aladdin’s Cave kids club, fully supervised, for ages four to 16 years.
- Enormous swimming pool, two tennis courts, mini-golf, beach club.
- Eight restaurants and bars including the Turtle Bay Bar and Grill.
- Zen the Spa at Rotana offers 10 treatment rooms and luxurious Hammam.
- Minutes from Saadiyat Beach, famous for protected dunes and turtle nesting sites.
- The Louvre Abu Dhabi is 10 minutes’ drive from the resort.
- Downtown Abu Dhabi is just west of Saadiyat Island.
3/7 The St. Regis Abu Dhabi: the fabulous Corniche is the setting for this Abu Dhabi hotel
The St. Regis is another luxurious Abu Dhabi hotel which can’t do enough for families: there’s even a dream children’s club right at the heart of its famously chic Nation Riviera Beach Club.
Cute surprises like teeny-tiny bathrobes and turn-down treats at bedtime are designed to delight younger kids. Baby equipment can be pre-ordered so it’s all ready and waiting when you arrive. And older kids and teens will love the 200m long private beach, fabulous swimming pools and the lively atmosphere of Abu Dhabi’s impressive Corniche.
Why families love The St. Regis Abu Dhabi
- Five-star beach resort on Abu Dhabi Corniche.
- Choice of family rooms and one to three bedroom suites.
- Fully supervised Treasure Island Children’s Club for four to 12 year olds.
- Nation Riviera Beach Club with infinity pool, children’s pool and 200m beach.
- Six restaurants and bars including Cabana Beach Bar on the Corniche.
- Rémede Spa and wellness centre.
- Baby equipment can be pre-ordered when you book.
- Ten minutes from AquaFun Abu Dhabi, Qasr Al Hosn and Qasr Al Watan.
- Five minutes from Nation Galleria Mall and Marina Mall.
4/7 Fairmont Bab Al Bahr: the beachfront resort only minutes from major attractions
Fairmont Bab Al Bahr is a five star beachfront resort minutes from Abu Dhabi’s major attractions and it still offers deeply generous discounts for families, all year round. Stay for four or more nights and you can save up to 30% on room rates. Or book two family rooms together and the second one is half-price – plus, kids under 12 eat free.
Why families love Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
- Five-star beach resort just east of Downtown Abu Dhabi.
- Choice of family rooms – several with charming creek-side views.
- Private beach with spectacular views of Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
- Olympic size swimming pool, covered children’s pool.
- Ten cafés, restaurants and bars including The Lobby Lounge tearoom.
- Beach games including volleyball, badminton, football and softball.
- Fun beach water sports including kayaking and SUP.
- Walking distance from Qaryat Al Beri and its canal-side souk.
- A short drive from Yas Waterworld and Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi.
5/7 Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi: close to all the fun of Yas Island and Yas Beach too
Yas Island is family entertainment central in Abu Dhabi. Yas Waterworld – recently named ‘World’s Leading Waterpark’ – is here; right next door to the largest indoor theme park on earth: Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi. The island’s also home to Yas Marina Circuit which hosts the F1™ Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix each year. And no surprise to find that white knuckle giant Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is another thrilling Yas Islander.
The Crowne Plaza is a good choice for easy access to all that excitement along with the gentler fun of pretty Yas Beach. Very family-friendly, right down to having ‘Quiet Zone’ rooms, it’s the type of relaxed and informal resort where kids feel at home, at once.
Why families love Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi
- Five-star beach resort located on Yas Island.
- Choice of family rooms, Quiet Zone rooms available.
- Three minutes from Yas Beach.
- Large outdoor pool with views of Abu Dhabi skyline.
- Five restaurants and bars including Views Lobby Lounge.
- Ten minutes’ drive from Yas Waterworld and Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi.
- Walking distance from Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Marina Circuit and Yas Links.
- 25 minutes’ drive from Downtown Abu Dhabi.
- Ten minutes’ drive from Abu Dhabi International Airport.
6/7 The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort: grand, gorgeous and very family-friendly
Nestled between white sand beaches and the Cultural District, The St. Regis Saadiyat Island might be designed to look like a grand Mediterranean resort, but its no holds barred opulence is all Abu Dhabi.
What might be more unexpected is the relaxed atmosphere, there’s even a dedicated family pool and kids pool, cheerful playrooms and sheltered playparks. You can pre-arrange baby equipment for your arrival, professional babysitting or nanny services are easy to organise and spectacular Saadiyat Beach has plenty of space to entertain the most energetic kids.
Why families love The St. Regis Saadiyat Island
- Five-star beach resort on Saadiyat Island.
- Choice of family rooms or one, two and three bedroom family suites.
- Indoor and outdoor lap pool.
- Outdoor family pool, separate Kids Club Pool.
- Six restaurants and bars including Olea all-day restaurant.
- Fully supervised Sandcastle Club for four to 12 year olds.
- Easy to arrange activities with Family Traditions at St. Regis programme.
- Minutes from Saadiyat Beach Golf Club 18-hole course.
- A short drive from Saadiyat Island Cultural District and Louvre Abu Dhabi.
7/7 The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi: set in stunning gardens overlooking the Grand Canal
The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi sits in 57 acres of gorgeous gardens, overlooks the Grand Canal and has spectacular Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque as a backdrop. It’s hard to fault in terms of location and as far as families are concerned it couldn’t be more child-friendly and charming: kids have their own check-in area and receive a mini-canvas bag of rubber ducks, there’s even an ice-cream parlour, plus one of the largest outdoor pools in Abu Dhabi with a cool shady area designed just for little swimmers.
Why families love Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi
- Five-star luxury resort overlooking the stunning Grand Canal
- A choice of spacious family suites or two bedroom Garden Houses.
- The resort’s 17,222ft² outdoor pool is one of the largest in Abu Dhabi.
- Fully supervised, all-day Ritz Kids club for four to 12 year olds.
- Eight restaurants, bars and cafés, including the colourful Dolce ice cream parlour.
- A 21,500ft² ESPA spa with traditional Hammam, plunge pools and waterfalls.
- Private beach and 57 acres of beautifully landscaped garden grounds.
- Five minutes from Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
- 25 minutes’ drive north of Downtown Abu Dhabi.