Which Canary Island to choose for your family holiday
4/5 La Palma – for family eco-adventures
La Palma is said to be the prettiest Canary of all, it’s also the least touristy, more given to gorgeous nature than theme parks, and has a capital that would look perfectly at home in the 18th century. The entire island is a biosphere, and also one of Europe’s Dark Skies reserves, which hints at how untouched it is here. Although, it keeps up with the rest of the archipelago in terms of lovely beaches, and slightly cooler summer temperatures make it a good choice for holidays with younger kids.
Why choose La Palma
- The greenest Canary Island, with over 1000km of marked walking and cycling trails.
- Roque de la Muchachos Observatory is one of the best in Europe.
- Hiking in enchanting Los Tilos, the largest laurel forest in the Canaries.
- Exploring the amazing, colour-changing, salt flats of Fuencaliente.
- Beaches and seafood restaurants at Port Naos.
- Touring colourful Santa Cruz de la Palma, the island’s historic capital.
- Climbing and walking in Caldera de Taburiente National Park.