Italy’s best family-friendly ski resorts this winter
Family ski holidays in Italy are some of the best value in Europe, childcare and ski kindergartens are more the norm than the exception these days, and most ski schools are happy to teach kids from age three. Plus Italian ski regions look stunning, the Dolomiti Superski carousel is the largest in the world, and The Dolomites themselves have UNESCO World Heritage status, with good reason.
Have a look at five easy to love Italian ski resorts, every one perfect for families this winter.
1/5 Merano 2000, South Tyrol: Merano 2000 ski area
Sitting above the historic spa town of Merano, Merano 2000 is an amazing family resort with everything from good ski-schools to professional childcare, kindergartens, exciting snow parks, fun activities on and off the slopes, and skiing well into spring.
The surrounding South Tyrol region is enchanting, famous for Christmas markets, charming villages, winter climbing and soothing natural thermal springs; all within easy reach of Merano 2000.
Good for families
- 40km runs, low cost SnowKids pass up to age 10
- Close to spa town of Merano
- Merano 2000 Ski School starts lessons from age three.
- Snow Kindergarten, supervised childcare from ages three to eight.
- Wide variety of family chalets, residences and hotels.
- Merano Thermal Spa and Pool complex
- Snow Park Merano 2000
- Meranarena Ice Hall, Alpine Bob Tobogganing
- Sledging, horse riding, family ski tours.
- Luckis Kinderland kids ski camp
Where to stay
Josef Mountain Resort
How to get to Merano 2000
Direct flights from UK to Innsbruck, two hours.
Innsbruck is two hours and 20 minutes drive from Merano 2000.