Where is Europe’s longest beach? If you guessed the stretch of golden sand which trims the Adriatic in Bibione & Lignano Sabbiadoro, you’re right. You’re also very well informed, because this beautiful part of Italy, just a little east of Venice, is much loved by Italian families yet almost undiscovered by their UK counterparts. And when you hear about the incredible Europa Tourist Group resorts lightly sprinkled along Bibione & Lignano Sabbiadoro’s coast you can understand why home-grown aficionados have tried to keep it to themselves.
Not only are Europa Tourist Group’s resorts some of the most unusual and eco-conscious anywhere in Europe at the moment, several of them are designed specifically with families in mind. And that alone deserves international recognition as well as a closer look. Especially as Europa take such an uncompromising approach to caring for kids, whether they’re entertaining them day-in-day-out all summer long at their excellent Mini Clubs; making sure they eat fresh and local from meticulously crafted children’s menus; providing baby and toddler equipment as standard; or wooing teens with Italy’s first floating resort, acres of water sports, spa treatments or the thought of Venice as a cinchy day-trip.
So is it about time you found out what beach loving Italians have known for the past 18 years? Book a Europa Tourist Group resort now and you can save up to 15% on spring, summer or autumn 2020 holiday prices. Beach Service is included, along with a multi-discount EUROPACARD, free wine-tastings, free day trips and spa days, plus outstanding personal service from the moment you get in touch.
And if you still aren’t convinced, have a look at five of Europa Tourist Group’s top family resorts in Bibione & Lignano Sabbiadoro for 2020, for kids of all ages and stages, and families of any size.
1/5 Aparthotel Imperial, a ‘kinderhotel’ literally made for kids
Aparthotel Imperial in Bibione is a ‘kinderhotel’ which means it’s designed with kids in mind and gives you the freedom of your own family space, but with just the right hint of cossetting.
It also comes good on heaps of child-size activities, fresh every day, all holiday long. There are no less than three outdoor swimming pools, as well as a colourful and safe splash-park for younger kids. Energetic indoor play areas mean fun is never weather dependant – although summer on this sheltered part of the Adriatic is reliably lovely. And even eating gets turned into an adventure in the dedicated children’s dining room where carefully crafted kids menus are served up by the childcare team and the focus is on healthy local ingredients and very persuasive presentation.
What families love about Aparthotel Imperial
- Bright and thoughtfully designed two and three room apartments with space for up to six guests.
- Private beach with beach huts, sun umbrellas, deckchairs and safe space for younger kids.
- Three outdoor swimming pools with splash-park and safe areas especially for younger kids.
- All-day, every-day Mini Club with creative and fun kids activities supervised by Europa Tourist Group certified childcare staff.
- Interactive play and learning with Rana Mario the Mini Club mascot.
- Once a week young Mini Clubbers take a short ride into Bibione’s countryside on the ‘little train’ for an afternoon picnic.
- Dedicated children’s dining room, freshly prepped kids menus, mealtimes supervised by childcare staff.
- An excellent range of baby equipment including high-chairs, changing tables and bike seats for toddlers.
2/5 Lino Delle Fate Eco Village is bliss for babies and toddlers
Lino Delle Fate Eco Village Resort couldn’t be more committed to caring for the natural beauty of Bibione and Lignano Sabbiadoro.
It’s surrounded by a 16ha (and growing) Mediterranean Biodiversity Park which protects over 50 species of birds, including Scops Owls and Hoopoe, along with rare wildlife and a vast collection of plants and flowers.
The resort’s heated swimming pools are made from local stone and fed by warm, gentle geothermal waters. Organic and sustainable is the key to everything from bedlinen right down to details like natural straw sun umbrellas.
And all individually designed, detached bungalows are set in peaceful gardens wound around with shingle paths and shady trees – only the perfect environment for a tranquil eco-adventure with younger kids.
What families love best about Lino Delle Fate Eco Village
- Two and three-room eco-bungalows created with organic materials but drenched in cool, contemporary comforts for a blissful holiday with little ones.
- Bungalows are detached and big on personal space with large rooms, dining patios and a peaceful garden setting.
- The 16ha Mediterranean Biodiversity Park has a network of walking paths which even toddlers can easily trek.
- Minutes from bungalows, the Clubhouse has a buffet-style family restaurant, reception area and bar.
- The Pools Park is an eco-friendly take on swimming and splashing around, with geothermal pools, waterfalls, whirlpools and masses of sustainable, sun-warmed wooden decking.
- The resort’s car-free but provides bikes (and baby seats) for all guests and has secure parking on the lower floor of the Clubhouse.
- Mini Club makes the most of the natural environment with fun, creative play and activities for under 12s.
- A wide range of baby equipment is available free of charge, and the resort restaurant has a fresh, new kids menu every day.
3/5 Marina Azzurra Resort comes close to teen heaven
Thinking up holiday thrills for older kids and teens can be a full time job, but it’s one that Europa Tourist Group have got completely covered at Marina Azzurra Resort.
Think private houseboats moored on the River Tagliamento, minutes from Adriatic beaches and just over an hour’s drive east of Venice – hard to know what kids will love most, isn’t it?
Especially as Marina Azzurra also has a fantastic Clubhouse designed into a three-level ferry boat so families can keep the nautical theme going through breakfast or dinner. Plus the resort beach is packed with water sports. There’s the new Sports Centre Bibione nearby for everything from tennis coaching to football. And if all else fails, the fantastic Pool Park is almost perfectly designed to win over the toughest to please young guests.
What families love best about Marina Azzurra
- Houseboats designed to replicate Casoni, the boats traditionally used by local fishermen in this part of the Adriatic.
- Moored on the river or by the pier, each houseboat is 65m², sleeps up to six and has an outdoor upper deck, reed roof and outdoor balcony.
- As well as the Clubhouse restaurant and bar, the resort also has BBQ Gazebos, on dry land and fully equipped for family-style cookouts.
- Every houseboat comes with an electric boat for getting about on the river. An electric boat can be rented for 50€ per day.
- The Pool Park is designed to harmonise with River Tagliamento and contains a large family pool, children’s pool and a wellness area.
- The only floating resort in Italy, Marina Azzurra gives families the option of houseboats moored on the river or by the pier.
- Venice is just over an hour west of Marina Azzurra. If you don’t want to drive, there’s a regular summer bus service from the resort to the city.
4/5 Green Village Resort, a great all-rounder for kids
If you find it hard to imagine peace and serenity scoring high on the family holiday wish list, Green Village Resort in Lignano Sabbiadoro might change your mind.
Set in glorious countryside, everything here feels natural, from the open-air spa and thermal pools to the green parkland, play areas, restaurants, swimming pools, pretty walking paths and exceptional Mediterranean cooking. So don’t be surprised when kids just do what comes naturally, which is having a great time, experiencing a fantastic sense of freedom and discovering all sorts of new and exciting adventures.
What families love best about Green Village Resort
- A choice of spacious apartments and villas set in peaceful, green garden grounds echo the look and feel of a charming Mediterranean village.
- As well as fun activities and creative play at Mini Club, kids can look forward to a range of events centred around the resort’s open-air amphitheatre.
- The resort has a 680m² geothermal swimming pool, extensive sun decks and a luxurious Open SPA with sauna, Turkish bath and jacuzzi.
- The 12,000m² Natural Park which gives Green Village its name is part of the Lignano Pine Zone and includes nature trails and challenges for kids, along with safe play areas and plenty of space for free-spirit adventuring.
- Green Village two and three-room family apartments sleep from four to six guests.
- Family villas range from duplex houses to row houses and sleep from five to 10 guests, ideal for multi-gen holidays or two families holidaying together.
5/5 Savoy Beach Hotel, a spa treat for kids and parents
Quite a few older kids could tell you a thing or two about the soothing power of spas, but as a general rule spa retreats are kept as treats for tired parents. Welcome to Savoy Beach Hotel, the luxury 5-star spa hotel where children are as pampered as grown-ups but still allowed to have heaps of fun at the same time.
A fabulous hotel in its own right, Savoy Beach is also attached (by heated tunnel) to iconic Bibione Thermae, a world of thermal baths, wellness, health and beauty where young guests can have their very own, specially designed treatments – or parents can escape for a little, while Mini Club distracts kids with games, activities and entertainment. However you decide to spa as a family, the resort believes in making the most of your together time with evening shows and musicals running from June until mid-September – it’s one of the few hotels in Bibione & Lignano Sabbiadoro that’s all year.
What families love best about Savoy Beach Hotel
- An all-inclusive, five-star luxury hotel with a relaxed atmosphere and a family-friendly take on the spa and wellness resort concept.
- A stunning seafront location and large private beach with sunbeds, umbrellas, gazebos, beach service and a beach lounge.
- Large family suites and spa suites with terraces and sea views.
- Extensive pool park with children’s pool, whirlpools, sun decks and stage for summer evening entertainment.
- Fully supervised Mini-Club with fresh everyday activities during summer months.
- Attached by heated tunnel to Bibione Thermae for thermal pools, saunas, spa treatments, wellness treatments and children’s spa programme.
- Open year-round as a beach and spa resort in summer and luxury wellness retreat in winter.