The secret is out, 5-star Lindian Village Beach Resort Rhodes, Curio Collection by Hilton is opening this May. Completely refurbished and redesigned it promises to be an ‘oasis for families and kids’. Read on to see how well it keeps that promise and stay right to the end for savings of up to 20% and all-inclusive packages.
Beachfront on beautiful Lardos Beach, Lindian Village is the only international 5-star branded resort in the Mediterranean to offer all-inclusive holidays. With that in mind, you can expect luxurious and you won’t be disappointed. What may come as more of a surprise is how comfortably luxury blends with a warm, family friendly atmosphere and a certified carbon neutral operation.
The resort can’t do enough for its youngest guests, from the delightful kids club with its focus on authenticity, wellness and the environment to a dedicated children’s pool and even a kid-centric food truck by the beach. Families are at the heart of a summer long activity programme so there’s no shortage of ways to make wonderful memories together. In fact, if the parent and child sessions at the resort’s gorgeous spa are anything to go by, togetherness is a theme here.
Then of course, there’s Rhodes itself, a major asset which Lindian Village makes the most from water sports in its stunningly clear seas to family-friendly tours of historic sites. Although we think the offer of a boat trip around the coast – another of the resort’s summer activities – could be a way to experience Rhodes you’ll find impossible to resist.
Lindian Village knows your kids so well
Lindian Village may be redefined, but its approach to caring for children is clearly based on long experience and an understanding of what kids really want to do. So not only is Waves Kids Club fully supervised by qualified childcare specialists, it also balances learning, creativity and play. If that sounds appealing, wait until you drill down and see how that shapes up every day.
Why children love Waves Kids Club
- 12 different themed days will excite kids between 4-12 years old.
- Themed days range from a Woodland Trek & Archaeology Hunt to STEM Science challenges & Marine Biologists sessions, so all young guests at Lindian Village enjoy one of a kind experiences.
- Waves Kids Club is managed by Worldwide Kids, the world’s leading provider of kids’ club concept, development and design
- Kids of all ages and stages will love working with the club’s talented team to create their own magic and puppet shows.
- At a resort with five outstanding restaurants it’s not much of a surprise to find cooking and baking are on the club agenda.
- Getting outdoors can be anything from picking herbs in the resort garden to cinema and astronomy nights on the beach.
- Waves also has a dedicated indoor space which is ideal for creative play, or when kids want to curl up with a book or just have some quiet time.
- Waves is open morning and afternoon, six days a week. It’s closed on Sundays but it’s free every other day.
- If your children are younger, Lindian Village Creche cares for babies and toddlers from 4 months to 3 years.
Add a little slice of beach to every single day
Lindian Village sits on beautiful, sandy Lardos Beach on the south west coast of Rhodes. And we have a feeling you’ll be spending some time there during your stay. Average summer temperatures on the island are around 25° in July and August, add in 12 hours of sunshine and being by these crystal clear seas sounds irresistible.
A cool, boho-chic beach layout is very conducive to chilling. Think super-soft sun beds; cushions on the sand; low-slung rattan chairs; natural straw parasols; lounge-around sofas; shady tamarisk trees and, of course, the Yummy Truck.
Although, when you want to do more than chill, Lindian Village water sports centre is also on the beach. So if you’re tempted, you can try anything from kayaking and SUP to bolder jet skiing and kitesurfing. Other beachy morning to night activities can include anything from SUP yoga to beach evenings – there’s even a dedicated beach area for spa treatments.
Authentic eating at Lindian Village
Authenticity whispers through everything at Lindian Village, even how and where you eat. The resort offers you the choice of five restaurants, two bars and a gelateria, all conceptualised by Apostolos Trastelis, owner and inventor of the awarded Michelin starred restaurant, Spondi. However, that starry line-up might be overshadowed by The Yummy Truck, especially if kids are making dining decisions.
So who’s serving what at Lindian Village?
- First up is The Yummy Truck, of course. Parked on the resort’s private beach it serves the type of snacky stuff kids openly love (and grown-ups secretly crave). Think homemade meatballs, hot dogs with a twist, stuffed bao buns, meat or vegetable skewers. So if you want a break from the beach or a refuel in between water sports, take five at the truck.
- Creams & Dreams Gelateria is next favourite with younger guests. You’ll find all the favourite ice cream and sorbet flavours here, along with some destined to become new loves like tahini & honey, tsureki & praline or exotic passion fruit with a hint of white chocolate. It’s also the place to try freshly made, traditional lukumades: Greek style donuts, shaped like profiteroles, deep fried and topped with your choice of ice cream or sorbet. Heaven!
Restaurants to satisfy all cravings
- For lavish buffet breakfasts and dinners, head to Estia where the food is divine and the mood relaxed. Don’t miss the yoghurt and honey bar in the morning and buffet dinners themed around legendary world cuisines from Mediterranean to Asian.
- Alas Ouzeri enjoys a lovely setting with pretty pavilions and a sun-washed terrace. Here the focus is on traditional Rhodian dishes, like Pitaroudia fried pies with zucchini and mint or Lardian seabass cooked with frumenty grain, tomatoes and onions.
- L’Onda Trattoria satisfies all cravings for pizza or pasta with the freshest ingredients and spectacular sea views on the side.
- Elegant Niku Asian Restaurant pairs locally sourced produce with Asian gastronomy for extraordinary results.
- Set between the beach and the main pool, Helios Pool Bar & Restaurant is a prime location for lunch on days when straying too far from the water is not what you have in mind.
- All guests also have the option of private dining in their suite or outdoors in the resort.
- For a stay full of taste, families can also enjoy the all-inclusive package.
Lindian Village summer activity programme
As we said, you’re never short of things to do in Rhodes. However, that hasn’t stopped Lindian Village creating an exceptional calendar of family activities and events for summer 2023.
Over 40 experiences are available to tempt you, ranging from soothing and restorative to educational and even high-octane. Quite a few in the mix are made for families to enjoy together, like boat trips, guided tours of Rhodes Town and visits to The Valley of the Butterflies.
There’s also a carefully curated range of family activities at the resort itself, ranging from astronomy nights and movie nights to wine tasting, painting classes and kids’ pizza-making classes: using herbs they helped pick from Lindian Village’s garden.
Of course when kids are off playing at Waves Kids Club you can also be filling your time. Lindian Village parent-centric pursuits include pottery lessons, cooking classes, SUP yoga flow and even cross-fit on the beach.
So many rooms and suites, how to choose?
Speaking of quiet space. Lindian Village has put a lot of thought into making family rooms and suites as indulgent as the rest of the resort.
Out of 196-rooms in total, 85 include their own private pool or hot tub. Every single room incorporates private outdoor space – bliss with kids. And two-bedroom suites sleeping up to five are ideal for slightly larger families.
The complete redesign of the resort has paid particular attention to the rooms and suites. Colour palettes are subtle, natural tones woven through with those dazzling whites you only seem to find on Greek islands, in summer. Natural fabrics add a cocooning sense of comfort. The bathrooms are simply stunning. And even outdoor space is designed to be private but still light and fresh.
Lindian Village Suites with families in mind
- The King Ottoman two-bedroom suite sleeps five and features a jacuzzi and 36m²
- King Ottoman junior suites sleep three, but can be interconnected for larger families.
- The King Ottoman River Passage Pool Suite sleeps four, has a private swimming pool and a 98m² private patio.
- Another pool suite which sleeps four, the King Bohemian lives up to its chill name by giving you a pool and a 50m² private garden.
Discovering Rhodes this summer
Naturally in Rhodes you’re never stuck for something to do. Not only does the largest Dodecanes island have some amazing beaches, it’s also awash with history.
We are, of course, first and foremost talking about the remarkable medieval heart of Rhodes old town, which is a must-visit. However, you should also drop in on some of the island’s authentic villages. Lindos village is only 15 minutes away from the resort, perfect for a day out, especially as it also has an impressive castle to explore.
Then you need to wander through the Valley of the Butterflies.
You’ll find this world famous valley about an hour’s drive north of Lindian Village. Why is it so famous? Every year from mid-June to mid-September it becomes home to clouds, upon clouds of Panaxia butterflies, a species unique to this part of Rhodes.
The valley itself is lovely at any time of year, but butterfly season transforms it into a fairy tale. And you can’t experience this phenomena anywhere else in Europe. In fact it’s so intrinsic to Rhodes that Lindian Village’s architects incorporated colours and motifs from the phenomena into the resort’s interior design.
More extraordinary family experiences in Rhodes
- Sail to Halki, the smallest inhabited island in Greece and also one of the most authentic.
- Spend a day hiking up Tzambika Hill to visit the monastery and enjoy one of the best views on Rhodes.
- Ride quad bikes through Rhodes’ breathtaking countryside. A great way to explore off-the-beaten-track villages at the island’s heart and discover their ancient stories, traditional festivals and original architecture.
- Rhodes also has some of the best beaches in Greece and you will find your own personal favourite. However, ones you shouldn’t miss include: Lindos; Anthony Quinn; Faliraki; Tsambika; Kallithea or Agathi.
Spa treats for grown-ups and kids too
Greece and spas are inextricably bound. So you won’t be too surprised to learn that Lindian Village is continuing that fine tradition. Luxurious Calli Spa is dedicated to natural products used by a team of world class professionals in a range of therapeutic and beauty treatments. That might be soothing massages, therapies to rebalance your mind and spirit or something more frivolous like an indulgent facial, the choice is yours.
Naturally the spa is a perfect way to spend the time off parenting Lindian Village gifts you. However, Calli Spa also features kid-spa treatments including parent and child sessions. Wonderfully therapeutic for kids, these let you spend some quiet, meaningful time together too. After all, even holidays need some quiet space.
Now find out more about this extraordinary new resort. Explore Lindian Village, discover Rhodes and book for summer 2023 with savings of up to 20% and available all-inclusive family-friendly packages.
Book Lindian Village now and save up to 20% on all-inclusive family holidays
Lindian Village opens on 15 May 2023
Book a family summer holiday now for 5-nights or more and save up to 20%