Corsica has some of the loveliest beaches in Europe. It’s famous for gorgeous Mediterranean cities, dramatic mountains, wildly beautiful countryside and astonishing marine reserves. And, thanks to Gîtes de France Corsica, it may very well be one of the most affordable family holidays in France this year.
With over 500 properties listed in Corsica, several brand new for 2019, you can take your pick from beachy villas to cute cottages, historic village houses, city apartments, restored farmhouses or grand country houses. There’s even a great selection of Gîtes de France campsites – all up to the exceptional standards demanded by the camping-devoted French.
Plus all gîtes can now be easily booked online. And you can fly direct to Corsica from the UK in just over two hours – there are direct flights to all four of the island’s main airports.
But, with almost 400 gîtes to choose from, you could probably use some pointers. Have a look at the top 10 recommended for families by Gîtes de France Corsica, with a starting price of just £215 per week, for an entire gîte, for a family of four.
1/10 Gîte A Ripa, Solaro, Côte des Nacres
Sleeps six, private pool, 10 minutes from beaches
Set in peaceful countryside with views towards the Côte des Nacres, Gîte A Ripa is a charming, traditional stone farmhouse, thoughtfully restored to create a spacious three bedroom family home. The garden is perfect for kids, with plenty of lawn, shady trees and a private swimming pool surrounded by a sun terrace.
- Three bedrooms, two shower rooms – one en-suite.
- Open plan living/dining room, kitchen.
- Covered first-floor dining terrace with sea views and BBQ.
- Private swimming pool with sun terrace.
- Mature, landscaped garden with lawns and trees.
- Set in 2.8ha of enclosed, shared woodland.
- One hour, 10 minutes north of Figari Airport.
- Direct UK flights to Figari take from two hours, 15 minutes.
- Solenzara for local shops, tourist info and beaches – 10 minutes.
- Plage de Canella – 15 minutes.
- Fort de Matra, Aleria – 45 minutes.
- Porto-Vecchio – 50 minutes.
- À Tyroliana Adventure Park – 40 minutes
- Col de Bavella – 45 minutes.
Family activities near Gîte A Ripa
- Spend a day on Plage de Canella: crystal clear, shallow water is perfect for under fives.
- À Tyroliana is Corsica’s first treetop adventure park and great fun for older kids.
- Go wildlife spotting in unspoiled and peaceful Pinia Forest near Ghisonaccia.
- Visit Porto-Vecchio for its walled old town and chic waterfront.
- Take kids to the excellent Fort de Matra archaeological museum in Aléria.
- Head to Col de Bavella for mountain biking, hiking and climbing
From £645 for seven nights, based on a family of six