2/10 Gîte Casa Liamone, West Corsica
Sleeps four, countryside setting, 10 minutes from beaches
Spacious Casa Liamone sits on Corsica’s west coast, close enough for sea views, but surrounded by tranquil countryside. The historic city of Ajaccio is nearby too, and outdoorsy families have some of the island’s loveliest walking trails, forests, and coastal reserves, almost right on the doorstep.
- Two bedroom gîte, sleeps up to four.
- Private, wooded garden with views over Corsica’s west coast.
- Covered outdoor terrace, open fireplace in living room.
- Open plan kitchen/dining/living space, two bedrooms, two bath/shower rooms.
- Bed linen, towels, heating, air-conditioning and WIFI included.
- Baby and toddler equipment available on request.
- 30 minutes from Ajaccio Airport.
- Direct UK flights to Ajaccio, two hours and 10 minutes.
- Seaside resort of Tiuccia for shops, beaches, restaurants – 5 minutes
- Historic Ajaccio, Napoleon’s birthplace – 40 minutes
- Stagnone Beach - 20 minutes.
- UNESCO World Heritage Calanches de Piana, red granite sea cliffs – 40 minutes.
- Sagone for water sports and beaches – 30 minutes.
Family activities nearby
- Corsica’s capital, Ajaccio, for Côte d’Azur-like days out.
- Scandola Marine Reserve wildlife watching cruises.
- Hiking and wild swimming in Aitone Forest.
- Fantastic water sports on the beaches at Sagone.
- Cruises or guided hikes round Calanches de Piana from Porto.
- Exploring the traditional villages of Piana and Cargese.
From £568 for seven nights, based on a family of four.