Europe’s all-round fantastic family ski resorts for all types of ski holidaysSponsored
2/5 Galtür, Austrian Tyrol: Silvapark Galtür ski area
There are better known resorts in Austrian Tyrol, but very few beat Galtür for toddler to teen, all-round, snow-based adventure. The skiing here is superb at every level, and family-friendly’s the rule from ski-schools to restaurants, hotels, chalets and winter-long activities and events.
At 1600m, Galtür is also the highest resort in Paznaun-Ischgl, and snow-sure from late November to April. As an added bonus, it’s incredibly pretty too, packed with traditional Alpine charm, and designated a ‘Climatic Health Resort’, thanks to the exceptional air quality – hay fever sufferers flock to the village in spring.
Good for families
- Home to Silvapark Galtür: one ski area divided into six ski-zones.
- Zwergerwelt (kid’s world): play and learn intro to snow from age four.
- Snow Kindergarten from age two.
- Adventure Land – themed kid’s ski areas from age four.
- Action Park – advanced skiing and snowboarding for teens and adults.
- Heroes’ Park – expert freeriding and downhill skiing.
- Piste Paradise – 40km of downhill runs, day and night skiing.
- Winter hiking; horse riding; sledging; skating; snowshoeing.
- Playground Snow at Ski School Silvretta Galtür teaches kids from age four.
Where to stay
How to get to Galtür
Direct flights from UK to Innsbruck, two hours.
Galtür is one hour and 20 minutes drive from Innsbruck.