6 amazing Falkensteiner hotels in Europe
When Falkensteiner Family Hotels say, ‘designed for kids with parents in mind’, they seem to mean every word and not half-heartedly: their hotels even have separate, but equally amazing, spas for children and adults.
But are they the most family-friendly hotels in Europe this summer? Take a look at the top six Falkensteiners, from Alpine meadows in Austria to beachfront Sardinia, and make up your own mind.
1/6 Hotel Cristallo in Katschberg, Austria
Like all great four star ski hotels, Hotel Cristallo adapts from winter to summer without missing a beat. The easy family atmosphere is just as welcoming when there’s a little more warmth in the mountain air (allergen-free at an altitude of 1600m, for fact-lovers). Kids will be delighted to find Falky-Land open for fun and an outdoor slant on the daily activity programme. No season is off-limits for soothing treats and both Falky’s children’s spa and the grown-up alternative are irresistible whatever the weather. And, if anything, Cristallo’s fresh cooking style is even more innovative when the local larder’s packed with summer ingredients.
Hotel Cristallo at a glance
- Four star hotel with 135 spacious family suites and rooms, including 50 beautifully designed new rooms for summer 2017.
- Aquapura Wellness & Waterworld with 60m² family pool, a spa and sauna just for children and a dedicated adult spa.
- Falky-Land Kids Club for three to 12 year olds with daily activities, indoor soft play, bi-lingual carers and summer long entertainment.
- Cristallo’s baby monitors, back-carriers, bottle warmers and buggies let guests travel blissfully light – for a change.
- Carinthian specialities and traditional favourites, served buffet-style, give every mealtime a relaxed, family holiday atmosphere.
What to do in Katschberg this summer
- With over 200 aerial challenges, plus ziplining, rafting and canyoning, Katschberg Adventure Park is Austria’s biggest adventure park. And, best of all, kids as young as three can play in the treetops here.
- Alpine Equestrian Centre is Austria’s highest riding school, home to the cute Pony Pasture, horse-drawn carriage rides and masses of fun for novices to seasoned equestrians.
Best offer for families
Five nights from £ 752 per room for two adults and two children (under six years) including full board.