5 great European ski resorts for kids ski lessons
4/5 Obergurgl, Tyrol Region, Austria
For teens and tiny skiers in training, Obergurgl is one of the best family ski resorts in Europe this winter. Incredible fun slopes, wild natural toboggan runs, fantastic freeriding, and snow-sure slopes for longer than almost anywhere else – even in snowy Austrian Tyrol – justify the resort’s nickname, ‘Diamond of the Alps’.
This is another Austrian resort where Bobo Kinder Club takes care of ski lessons for beginners from age three. Groups are kept to a maximum of eight kids, lessons last no more than two hours, and the approach is fun in the snow, but with fast results.
If teens are looking to brush up their ski or snowboard skills, Ski-School Obergurgl has been around since 1922, and is now one of the best in Austria.
- Bobo Kinderclub has multi-lingual, small group classes from age three
- Bobo Kindergarten offers childcare from six months
- Esprit Ski at Obergurgl include kids’ instruction in all-inclusive family holidays
- One of the highest resorts in Austria and snow-sure through to late March
- Reduced lift passes for kids up to age 18
Ski Area: Obergurgl-Hochgurg
Runs: 110km from 1795m to 3080m
Airport: Innsbruck – one hour 35 minutes drive from Obergurgl. Direct flights from UK to Innsbruck – two hours