5 great European ski resorts for kids ski lessons
Time to take the training wheels off and let kids learn to ski for real? Here are five of the best resorts for beginners in Europe this winter.
1/5 La Tania, Trois Vallées, France
Trois Vallées might be most famous for exclusive resorts like Courchevel, but it’s also the world’s largest ski area and has some great value resorts too.
La Tania is a particular favourite with families, liked for an easy going atmosphere, good choice of places to stay, and masses of non-ski activities for kids.
The children’s ski-instruction programme here is operated by leading English-speaking ski school, Oxygène, and offers a range of fun and friendly, small group classes for beginners, starting as young as three.
- Snowbears in La Tania – morning classes for three to four year olds
- Little Mice – morning classes for four to five year olds
- Kids Fun Factory – half and full day classes for six to 17 year olds
- Kids’ sledging and tobogganing zone
- Kindergarten for kids aged from five months to five years
- Free lift passes for under fives
Ski area: Trois Vallées
Runs: 600km from 1260m to 3225m
Airport: Geneva – two hours drive from La Tania. Direct flights from UK to Geneva- one hour and 35 minutes.