When it comes to luxury family resorts with everything from full-size waterparks to kids clubs that know teens aren’t interested in the same stuff as toddlers, Jamaica just about rules the Caribbean.
Quite a few of the island’s most fun-drenched resorts are all-inclusive – some even include diving programmes, along with all water and land sports. And on the beach front, there isn’t one that doesn’t come with several private acres of glittering white sand.
Kids will love them all, but you probably want to be a little more choosy, so here are the top seven family-friendly Jamaican resorts handpicked by Visit Jamaica to help you pick one that’s perfect for your family.
1/7 Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, Seven-Mile Beach
Way back in the 1960s, Negril was too chilled for roads which meant dedicated cool-hunters had to hire boats and sail on to Seven Mile Beach for a taste of its laid back vibe. Fast forward to 2019 and, apart from an excellent road in and out, Negril is as easy going, barefoot, beachy and effortlessly chill as ever. It’s also location of choice for Beaches Negril Resort & Spa which now reigns over Seven Mile Beach and fits just beautifully with shimmering white sands, cloudless skies and the blue, blue Caribbean sea.
What families love best about Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
- Some of the most generous all-inclusive family holidays in the Caribbean – even water sports, land sports, sports’ instruction and PADI diving are included.
- Seven-Mile Beach for its sugary soft, white sand and remarkable coral reef.
- Oceanfront Pirate Island Waterpark with 18,000ft² of slides, chutes and rides.
- Kids Camps tailor-made for different age groups from babies to teens.
- The only Caribbean resort with fun play and learn experiences for kids in partnership with Sesame Street.
- Wide choice of family accommodation, from beachfront rooms to oversize suites.
- Nine restaurants, seven bars and three swimming pools.
Find out more about Beaches Negril Resort & Spa with Visit Jamaica
2/7 Sunscape Splash, Montego Bay
USA Today ranks Sunscape Splash as one of the most family-friendly resorts in the Caribbean. An accolade that’s hard to argue with when they welcome kids with an actual ‘red carpet’ and treat them as honoured guests right down to their own check-in and resort passports. Plus, in case the laser-like focus on families wasn’t absolutely clear, they call their all-inclusive holiday experience ‘Fun Unlimited’. Which essentially means no limits on anything from 24-hour food and drinks to kids clubs and teen clubs, family activities and fresh-daily entertainment.
Why families choose Sunscape Splash
- Fun Unlimited all-inclusive family holidays include all food and drink; land and water activities; entertainment; kids clubs and kids’ ‘red carpet’ check-in.
- Set on private beach within Montego Bay Marine Park – Jamaica’s first underwater National Park.
- Wide range of family accommodation including large, interconnecting rooms.
- Explorer Kids Club for three to 12 year olds; Core Zone Teens Club for ages 13 to 17.
- Five swimming pools and Pirate’s Paradise Waterpark.
- Daily activities ranging from movies on the beach to patois lessons.
- 10 minutes’ walk from Montego Bay’s legendary ‘Hip Strip’.
Find out more about Sunscape Splash Montego Bay with Visit Jamaica
3/7 Jewel Grande, Montego Bay
A fantastic choice for larger families or a multi-gen family holiday, Jewel Grand is the all-suites and villas Jamaican resort which manages to be lux and lively at the same time. Kids can bring their energy A-game for activity-packed clubs and teen zones, water and land sports, fantastic swimming pools and a positively tropical private beach. Nothing is too much trouble for grown-up guests either, there’s even a beach and pool concierge service. And if endless Caribbean sun doesn’t relax you completely, full-service Grande Spa almost certainly will.
Why families choose Jewel Grande
- All-inclusive family holidays include unlimited access to restaurants and bars, free non-motorised water sports, kids clubs and beach/pool concierge service.
- Private beach, two swimming pools, full service Grande Spa.
- Kids Club and Teen Lounge; soccer pitch, beach play area and splash pad.
- Gentle, Flow and Power Yoga classes.
- Free non-motorised water sports.
- Choice of 10 restaurants, cafés, outdoor grills and swim-up bars.
- One to three bedroom family suites, and two or three bedroom villas.
- Walking distance from White Witch and Cinnamon Hill Golf Courses.
Find out more about Jewel Grande Montego Bay with Visit Jamaica
4/7 Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall, Montego Bay
Another luxurious all-inclusive family resort, Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall is a close neighbour to remarkable Rose Hall Plantation, and closer still to Montego Bay beaches. Making the most of a sensational location, family rooms and suites are oceanfront or surrounded by the resort’s lush, tropical grounds. There are no fewer than 11 restaurants and bars here, as well as an outdoor theatre with a colourful programme of family entertainment. And the friendly beach activity centre is where kids can try anything from SUP to sea kayaking, snorkelling and boogie boarding.
Why families choose Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
- Personalised butler services included in Hyat Ziva all-inclusive family holidays.
- Private beach, infinity pool, activity pool and beach activity centre.
- Kidz Club for three to 12 year olds.
- All non-motorised water sports and beach activities are included in all-inclusive.
- 16 restaurants and bars, oceanside grill pits, outdoor theatre.
- Choice of family rooms and suites, including swim-up suites with semi-private pool.
- Zen Spa, oceanfront with fabulous views and outdoor treatment areas.
- Walking distance from 6600 acre Rose Hall Plantation – a must-do visit with teens.
Find out more about Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall with Visit Jamaica
5/7 Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, Montego Bay
Montego Bay could justifiably claim to be the heartland of all-inclusive resorts, and Hilton Rose Hall is yet another which effortlessly weaves luxury into a laid-back atmosphere, making it a great all-rounder for family holidays. It’s also the one with Sugar Mill Falls Waterpark as well as a superb Water Sports Centre. And its 400 acre garden grounds are put to good use with everything from tennis courts and driving ranges to running tracks and playgrounds.
Why families choose Hilton Rose Hall
- All-inclusive family holidays include unlimited non-motorised water and land sports, unlimited access to resort restaurants and bars.
- Private beach, three swimming pools, Water Sports Centre, Radiant Spa.
- Kids activity programme, playgrounds, children’s menus.
- Seven restaurants and bars.
- Sugar Mill Falls Waterpark, one of the largest in Jamaica.
- Range of family rooms and suites, sleeping up to five guests.
- Kids Klub, Teen Zone, free shuttle service to Rose Hall Plantation.
- Cinnamon Hill Golf Course on-site at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa.
Find out more about Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa with Visit Jamaica
6/7 Moon Palace, Ocho Rios
Moon Palace overlooks stunning Ocho Rios Bay on the sheltered north east of the island, and not only is it all-inclusive, children under 18 stay free when sharing their parents’ room. Non-motorised water sports are free too, so kids can try as much kayaking, SUP and sailing as they like, when they aren’t hanging ten on the Flowrider surf simulator, or just hanging out in the fun Playroom or Wired teens lounge. And just to add a little more value into your stay, families can collect generous Moon Palace resort credit to pay for days out to the likes of Mystic Mountain and Konoko Falls.
Why families choose Moon Palace
- All-inclusive family holidays include unlimited non-motorised water sports and all food and drink.
- Private beach on Ocho Rios Bay. Four resort swimming pools. Surf simulator.
- Playroom kids club for three to 12 year olds with soft play and outdoor splash zone.
- Wired teens’ lounge for 13 to 18 year olds.
- Moon Palace is home to Dolphin Cove Limited.
- Deluxe Family Suites, with interconnecting twin rooms, sleep up to six.
- Under 18s stay, play and eat free when sharing parents’ room.
- Moon Palace family resort credits can be used at major Jamaican attractions.
Find out more about Moon Palace with Visit Jamaica
7/7 Beaches Ocho Rios – Spa, Golf & Waterpark Resort
Even in Jamaica, all-inclusive resorts don’t come much more all-singing, all-dancing than Beaches Ocho Rios. Not content with having a spectacular private beach and 22 acres of garden grounds, it also has its own 18-hole golf course, seven bars and seven restaurants, five swimming pools and an enormous waterpark. Colourful and creative Sesame Street characters are in residence, so even learning is fun for kids here. Outstanding Kids Camps are tailored to five different age groups from babies through to teens, and family entertainment covers everything from Caribbean cookouts to dazzling stage shows.
Why families choose Beaches Ocho Rios
- Award-winning all-inclusive family holidays include just about everything, right down to unlimited rounds of golf and all water and land sports.
- Private beach. Five swimming pools. 27,000ft² Pirates Island Waterpark.
- Kids Camp children’s programmes for different age groups from babies to teens.
- Xbox Play Lounge, Club Liquid early-evening teen ‘night’ club.
- Unlimited access to seven restaurants and seven bars.
- Exceptional range of water sports and free water sport tuition.
- Wide choice of land sports including tennis and golf – even for kids.
- The Caribbean’s most comprehensive resort diving programme.