7 lux and beachy Jamaican resorts families love best
When it comes to luxury family resorts with everything from full-size waterparks to kids clubs that know teens aren’t interested in the same stuff as toddlers, Jamaica just about rules the Caribbean.
Quite a few of the island’s most fun-drenched resorts are all-inclusive – some even include diving programmes, along with all water and land sports. And on the beach front, there isn’t one that doesn’t come with several private acres of glittering white sand.
Kids will love them all, but you probably want to be a little more choosy, so here are the top seven family-friendly Jamaican resorts handpicked by Visit Jamaica to help you pick one that’s perfect for your family.
1/7 Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, Seven-Mile Beach
Way back in the 1960s, Negril was too chilled for roads which meant dedicated cool-hunters had to hire boats and sail on to Seven Mile Beach for a taste of its laid back vibe. Fast forward to 2019 and, apart from an excellent road in and out, Negril is as easy going, barefoot, beachy and effortlessly chill as ever. It’s also location of choice for Beaches Negril Resort & Spa which now reigns over Seven Mile Beach and fits just beautifully with shimmering white sands, cloudless skies and the blue, blue Caribbean sea.
What families love best about Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
- Some of the most generous all-inclusive family holidays in the Caribbean – even water sports, land sports, sports’ instruction and PADI diving are included.
- Seven-Mile Beach for its sugary soft, white sand and remarkable coral reef.
- Oceanfront Pirate Island Waterpark with 18,000ft² of slides, chutes and rides.
- Kids Camps tailor-made for different age groups from babies to teens.
- The only Caribbean resort with fun play and learn experiences for kids in partnership with Sesame Street.
- Wide choice of family accommodation, from beachfront rooms to oversize suites.
- Nine restaurants, seven bars and three swimming pools.