Multi-centre family holidays in Asia just got a whole lot easier thanks to the fresh approach VIVID Travel have taken to making experience-rich adventures work for kids of all ages.
VIVID Travel’s credo is extraordinary travel, made extraordinarily easy, and the difference is clear from the start: they put you in charge of dreaming up your ideal long-haul holiday, and they’re in charge of making it happen.
But you’re not alone, you also have the undivided attention of a personal Travel Designer and destination expert. So all the practicalities are taken care of – right down to bringing your holiday in on budget. And you don’t have to worry about unravelling the mysteries of Asia: your Travel Designer knows the continent back to front, which countries work best for toddlers, how to fit wildlife in with beaches, and even the Asian cities to thrill teens the most.
Plus, with VIVID Travel you design your holiday in ‘phases’, which means you can do and see much more than you thought possible, without feeling rushed. Between your Travel Designer’s planning skills and your family dreams, it’s actually realistic to fit cities; wildlife; beaches; history and culture; outdoor activities and incredible attractions, into one holiday. And, amazingly enough, there’s always plenty of time built in to give each unique experience all the breathing space it deserves.
VIVID Travel are the opposite of packaged, so there’s no such thing as a typical family holiday. But to give you an idea of how revolutionary – and refreshingly easy – their approach is, have a look at some inspirational adventures you could have from Thailand to Malaysia.
Think of them as a foundation, add your own family, then just let everyone’s imagination go wild.
1/5 13-days of cities, elephants and beaches in Thailand
Four days in Bangkok, three days with elephants in Chiang Mai, and five days of beautiful, beachy Koh Samui, is a near perfectly ‘phased’ Thailand adventure for older kids and teens.
City Phase: four days in colourful Bangkok
- Get to really know authentic Bangkok on a guided eco-tour.
- Ride the city’s tuk-tuk and skytrains.
- Cruise immense Chao Phraya on traditional riverboats.
- Explore exotic floating markets and local artisan workshops.
Wildlife Phase: three days in Chiang Mai
- Travel north to Chiang Mai on a stunning train journey.
- Take a tour of Chiang Mai’s sacred temples on fun trishaws.
- Visit the region’s silver district, and see skilled, local silversmiths at work.
- Spend a day helping out at the Elephant Nature Park in Mae Taeng Valley.
Beach Phase: five days in amazing Koh Samui
- See Koh Samui with local guides on family bike tours.
- Laze on the private beach at your luxury resort.
- Try anything from snorkelling to kayaking on the Gulf of Thailand.
- Learn new skills like scuba diving or traditional Thai cooking.
13-day family holiday in Thailand, including UK flights, transfers and all accommodation, from £7980 for two adults and two children (£1995 per person).
2/5 Two weeks of family fun in Vietnam and Hong Kong
Vietnam is family-friendly and easy to explore with VIVID Travel. Add four days in thrilling Hong Kong to the mix, and you’re looking at a family holiday designed to captivate kids of all ages.
Capital City: three days in Hanoi
- Discover Vietnam’s capital by day and night, on guided walking tours.
- Explore the historic quarter on super-fun, eco-friendly Electric Buses.
- Take lunch with a local family.
- Catch a Hanoi Water Puppet Show.
Cruise: two nights on Ha Long Bay
- Spend two nights on a classic Chinese junk boat on UNESCO World Heritage Ha Long Bay.
- Kayak round the imperious limestone karsts, take Vietnamese cooking classes.
- Sail to Bai Tu Long National Park, and visit Viet Hoi Village.
Beach: three days in Lang Co
- Find out why families love Vietnam’s gorgeous beach resorts.
- Visit the glorious city of Hue: the ancient, imperial capital of Vietnam.
City: four days in dazzling Hong Kong
- Stay waterfront at the impressive Harbour Grand Hong Kong hotel.
- Shop at Kowloon Market and sail the Star Ferry
- See the world famous Victoria Harbour Light Show.
- Pay homage to the enormous Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau Island.
- Have a day out at Disneyland Hong Kong.
14-day family holiday in Vietnam and Hong Kong, including UK flights, transfers, and all accommodation, from £11,980 for two adults and two children (£2995 per person).
3/5 Explore Vietnam, from north to south, in 15 unforgettable days
Actively involving kids in Vietnam’s history and culture makes for a fascinating 15 days where it’s hard to tell the difference between education and fun stuff. Meticulously planned from north to south, this family adventure is all about balance, so expect plenty of beaches, pools, bike rides and boat trips, in between the learning.
Capital City: four days in Hanoi
- Spend a full-day discovering Hanoi in-depth with local guides.
- Have a traditional Vietnamese lunch with a local family.
- Take a buggy tour of the city’s historic quarter.
- Visit the 11th century Temple of Literature: Vietnam’s first university.
Cruise: two days on Ha Long Bay
- Cruise for two nights aboard a traditional Chinese junk boat.
- Kayak and swim off Ba Trai Dao Beach.
- Try your hand at night fishing or traditional Vietnamese cooking.
- Practice Tai Chi as the sun rises over Ha Long Bay.
Beach: three days on the beach at Lang Co
- Stay in Vietnam’s loveliest beach resort, Angsana Lang Co.
- Tour the ancient city of Hue with local guides.
- Take an exhilarating cyclo ride from Hue to glowing Tinh Lake.
History & Culture: two days Hoi An
- Drive the famous Hai Van Pass to Hoi An.
- Explore the historic riverside city on a kid-friendly walking tour.
- Cycle around the countryside with local guides.
- Make traditional lanterns or learn how to cook Vietnamese style.
City: four days in Saigon
- Head underground for a guided tour of the astonishing Cu Chi Tunnels.
- See Vietnam’s former capital at your own pace, or with local guides.
- Have an evening at Saigon Opera House
- Catch a captivating Water Puppet performance.
- Cruise along Ham Luong River on the Mekong Delta.
15-day family holiday in Vietnam, including UK flights, transfers and all accommodation, from £10,780 for two adults and two children (£2695 per person).
4/5 14-days in Cambodia, from Angkor Wat to the Indian Ocean
The trick to a great family holiday in Cambodia is keeping the heritage lively for kids.VIVID Travel’s expertise is a huge asset on that score. They’ve mastered the art of introducing conservation into unique wildlife experiences, making culture relevant and still leaving more than enough room for beachy days, jungle exploration, and unforgettable island hopping.
Culture & history: four days in Siem Rep
- Tour mesmerising Angkor Wat by tuk-tuk.
- Follow fun clues on a treasure hunt round Angkor Thom.
- Roll up for an evening of traditional Cambodian Circus thrills.
Capital City: two days in Phnom Penh
- Spend a day with the wild residents at the world’s largest Sun Bear sanctuary.
- Explore the lively Cambodian capital on self-guided tours.
- Take time out by the pool at luxurious La Rose Suites resort.
Beach: eight days on the south coast of Cambodia
- Head to elegant Kep on Cambodia’s south coast.
- Trek the jungle in Kep National Park, and visit traditional markets.
- Spend days hopping round magical local islands.
- Stay overnight in enchanting Koh Rong.
- Try coral reef snorkelling, swimming and sailing in the Indian Ocean.
14-day family holiday in Cambodia, including UK flights, transfers and all accommodation, from £10,780 for two adults and two children (£2695 per person).
5/5 Malaysia, from metropolis to paradise islands, in 13-days
Malaysia’s a country of startling contrasts. It’s home to some of the world’s rarest wildlife and its tallest buildings, lush tea plantations and paradise islands, glittering cities and bohemian towns, all of which make it an ideal introduction to Asia for kids.
Capital City: four days in Kuala Lumpur
- Climb to the top of the Petronus Towers.
- Encounter over 5000 marine creatures at Aquaria Kuala Lumpur.
- Go on a full-day foodie tour from street stalls to lunch with locals.
- Take cooking lessons and shop traditional markets.
Countryside: two days in the Cameron Highlands
- Swap lively Kuala Lumpur for tranquillity in the Cameron Highlands.
- Stay overnight in vintage style at The Lakehouse.
- Travel even deeper into the lush Cameron Highlands by jeep.
- Visit an historic tea plantation for a picnic lunch, with tea, naturally.
History & Culture: two days in Penang
- Discover legendary dim sum and street food in George Town.
- Explore George Town’s colonial history and famous street art.
Beach: Six days on Langkawi Island
- Spend almost a week on Langkawi, one of Malaysia’s paradise islands.
- Sail to see the wildlife in Kilim Nature Park.
- Laze on white sand beaches and swim in the Andaman Sea.
- Enjoy spa soothing and pool fun at Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa.
13-day family holiday in Malaysia, including UK flights, transfers and all accommodation, from £10,380 for two adults and two children (£2695 per person).
VIVID Travel love Asia, but their philosophy of extraordinary travel, made extraordinarily easy, applies worldwide. So if you don’t see the start of your next great family adventure here, have a look at everywhere else VIVID Travel can design a holiday, just made for you and your kids.