Family holidays don’t always have to be about kid’s clubs and lazy lounging by the pool. As nice as all that is, it doesn’t compare to making real memories by taking a family adventure holiday which also gives back to the places you visit and the people you meet. That’s exactly the type of experience which makes travelling with Experience Travel Group (ETG) so extraordinary. Time to discover richer and more rewarding family holidays? They’re right here.
Why ETG for your family adventure holiday?
We’ve all had family holidays that sounded like bliss in theory. You know the ones? Two weeks lazing on a sunbed while the kids splash in the pool. In reality, by day two, boredom usually kicks in and we’re forced into overpriced activities and inevitably left feeling rather dissatisfied at the end of it all. However, if your dream holidays is more than just sun and sand, there is another way.
Every day of an ETG holiday is a memory-maker
ETG create dream holidays where every single day is a memory-maker, almost the exact opposite of faceless ‘anywhere hot’ breaks. As specialists in family adventure holidays which really get under the skin of destinations, they also allow you to be a conscious traveller, rather than just a tourist. So you can be confident fulfilling your travel dreams has a positive impact on people and places. In fact, ETG hold B Corporation certification, confirming a commitment to low impact travel and a philosophy of ‘giving back’. For you that means guilt-free adventures which are both ethical and mindful. Or as ETG puts it: travel done right.
Luxury and learning are all part of the experience
ETG holidays are designed around you and your family, weaving rich and immersive experiences into unforgettable, personal adventures. Luxury is all part of the experience too. Plus, ETG adventures are known for balancing education, inspiration and fun, as well as building in the downtime you need. Although, that’s just a hint of what you can anticipate as not everything is revealed at the outset, so there’s a pleasant element of surprise in your holiday too.
This year seems to be finally moving on from travel constraints and we’re keener than ever to really connect with the world. So what better time for a family adventure holiday?
Find your next family adventure holiday
The team at ETG has pulled together six incredible family adventure holidays for 2023 that promise to inspire you to do something a bit different this year. Even better, they’ve built-in some great discounts for families too. So where would you like to go?
Immerse your senses in the colours of Kerala
Nestled along the southwest coast of India, Kerala is known as ‘God’s Own Country,’ and it’s easy to see why. Think palm-fringed beaches, glossy tea plantations, intricate backwaters begging to be explored, and deep jungles filled with wildlife. It’s the stuff dream holidays are made of.
ETG has pulled together a two-week itinerary aimed at families who want to immerse in the culture and beauty of Kerala. It’s an ideal family adventure holiday and, from wonderful food to fascinating history, you’ll be amazed how much you get out of every day.
Why have an Easter adventure in Kerala?
- The state’s compact geography means less travel between destinations, so you’ve more time to explore and make memories.
- You can look forward to hiking and rafting through Periyar Tiger Reserve.
- Jungle treks led by tribal trackers introduce you to the forest wildlife of Periyar.
- Time spent in the hills of Munnar lets you explore Kerala’s iconic tea plantations.
- Kids have the chance to discover new tastes with local cooking classes.
- Cruising the state’s famous backwaters on a houseboat is a magical way to see local life.
- Although a tuk-tuk tour into the secret parts of historic Cochin city could be the biggest adventure for older kids.
- And then there’s downtime on the beautiful beaches of Mararikulam.
Family Kerala Holiday
Travel to Kerala with ETG at Easter 2023 for just £2,298pp, plus reductions for under 12s.
Explore the full Family Kerala Holiday itinerary
ETG brings an adventure holiday to life in Rajasthan
When you want extraordinary, once-in-a-lifetime, unforgettable and a string of other superlatives in an adventure, Rajasthan in northern India comes highly recommended. This incredible ETG family holiday takes you from the clamour of Delhi to the graceful city of Jaipur. It fits in classic Indian rail journeys and even road trips. The hotels you’ll stay in are mesmerising – one is actually a former Maharaja’s palace. And almost everywhere you go, you’ll find the ETG philosophy of giving back to local people and communities playing a part.
A holiday in Rajasthan is a good fit for late August when the monsoon is generally over. The countryside is lusher and greener than at other times of the year, and hotels are excellent value.
Why go adventuring round Rajasthan in late August?
- Explore old, new and behind-the-scenes Delhi with fascinating local guides
- Visits to the Dera Amer private elephant sanctuary in Jaipur.
- Tours and printing lessons for kids in Jaipur’s historic block printing district.
- Private tours of Jaipur’s legendary Amber Palace and Palace of the Winds.
- Kids will love kite flying fun on the rooftops of Jaipur – one of the city’s great traditions.
- A visit to fairy-tale Bundi – one of Rajasthan’s best kept secrets.
- Horse riding, safaris or boating in little known but lovely Bijaipur.
- Scenic drives across the Aravali Mountains – said to be the world’s oldest range.
- Exploring the spectacular Mehrangarh Fort in Jodphur.
- 4 x 4 drives on the fringe of the Thar Desert.
- The chance to see Udaipur, the ‘city of the lake’.
- Fabulously grand hotels add to the enchantment of this holiday for kids.
Rajasthan for August school holidays 2023
Travel to India with ETG in August 2023 for £3,389pp
Explore the full Rajasthan August itinerary
Choose Sri Lanka for tea, surf and safari
Sri Lanka may be a popular tourist destination, but getting off the beaten track is the way to really get under its skin. So this adventure holiday steps away from the touristy Cultural Triangle and takes you to the eastern coast. Here temperate tea plantations give way to surfing beaches, wildlife safaris are go and unforgettable is a constant travelling companion.
Why Sri Lanka is made for an immersive summer holiday?
- Visit Negombo and take a tour of the city and its famous fish market.
- Explore the sacred city of Kandy by tuk-tuk and discover famous Sri Lankan ‘short-eats’.
- Stay in grandly luxurious hotels, including one that was originally a Scottish tea planter’s mansion.
- Hike part of the Pekoe Trail through tea plantations from Hanthana to Galaha.
- Take the train from Nanu Oya to Ella. It’s one of the world’s great rail journeys and made for TikTok and Instagram.
- Cycle to Ellawala waterfall and take a wild swim in its pool.
- Then head to the east coast for surfing beaches and sacred temples.
- Go on safari round stunning Kumana National Park.
- Visit Galle on the south coast, explore Galle Fort and take tea with locals in a traditional Dutch house.
Family safari, surf and turf in Sri Lanka
Travel to Sri Lanka with ETG during summer 2023 for just £3,150pp.
This holiday includes a massive £750pp Family Traveller reader discount.
Call ETG on 0808 304 4414 for a bespoke quote.
Explore the full Sri Lanka family holiday itinerary
Make tracks for an adventure holiday in Vietnam
Vietnam’s major cities, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, are most often visited in one trip by flying between them. However, for a real adventure, ETG recommends taking the train. The old-school sleeper cars are great fun for kids, although they’ll also make you appreciate the luxurious hotels waiting for you at journey’s end.
Why do Vietnam differently this summer?
- Explore the inner workings of vivid Hanoi by jeep, cycle and foot with local guides.
- Ride the Reunification Express from Hanoi south to Dong Hoi.
- Visit Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, home to the world’s largest caves.
- Learn the history of the Ho Chi Minh Trails and bike ride through riverside villages.
- Take a daylight train through spectacular mountain country and glimpse the legendary city of Hue in central Vietnam.
- Stay over for three nights in the ancient town of Hoi An for beaches, bike rides and visits to traditional local farms.
- Spend a few days chilling on the beautiful beaches of Phu Yen.
- Then add some time in Ho Chi Minh city to your Vietnam adventure holiday.
Countryside & Caves: Vietnam by train
Travel to Vietnam with ETG for Easter or summer 2023 for £2,990pp.
This holiday includes a £320pp discount.
Call ETG on 0808 304 4414 for a bespoke quote.
Explore the full Vietnam by train itinerary
Find something for everyone in less travelled Oman
If you’re looking for the most adventurous adventure for your kids, Oman comes highly recommended. It’s the country where dazzling beaches contrast with endless desert, ancient Bedouin traditions mix with fabulous luxury resorts and kids can get up to anything from sandboarding and camel riding to wild wadi swimming and turtle spotting.
Why Oman is a perfect October half-term fit?
- Stay at Muscat Beach and explore the Oman capital from its glittering seas to Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque.
- Visit one of Oman’s historic forts at Nizwa and get first hand experience of a camel farm.
- Take a camel ride at Wahiba Sands and sleep out under the starry skies.
- Go dune bashing and have lunch in a traditional Bedouin camp.
- Visit Wadi Bani Khalid and take a wild swim in its palm tree trimmed ponds.
- Spot protected green and hawksbill turtles on Ras Al Hadd beach.
- Explore tiny villages in the Jabal Akhdar Mountains.
- Go on a dolphin-spotting cruise in Muscat.
- Explore old town Muscat and go shopping at the city’s historic souk.
Oman for October half-term 2023
Travel to Oman with ETG in October half-term 2023 for £2,790 per adult and £2,530 for under 12s.
This family holiday includes a £450 per person discount, if booked before 31 March 2023.
Explore the full Oman half-term itinerary
Try a dream adventure holiday in Bali and Sumba
When you think of dream holiday destinations, Bali is usually on the list. Famous for its luxury resorts, it’s also the island of sacred Ubud, surf beaches and incredible food. Trust ETG to take all that and put its own spin on Bali with a holiday that covers classic experiences and many hidden secrets.
- Stay in gorgeous hotels in some of Bali’s most beautiful locations.
- Discover wild Bali on bike rides and picnics surrounded by spectacular volcanic scenery.
- Island hop to Sumba and discover why surfers in the know love this place.
- Spend time on sensational beaches and enjoy a rare sense of escapism.
- Enjoy a few nights at Cap Karoso in Sumba, the island’s newest hotel and already a sustainability icon.
ETG recommend Bali and Sumba in July, August and September 2023 for best value. Call now on 0808 304 4414 for a bespoke quote.
Explore hidden Thailand on a family adventure holiday
Families love Thailand for its paradise beaches, thrilling cities and ethereal islands. But if anywhere in the world can be called touristy, it’s also Thailand. That’s why ETG do things differently here. So if you want to avoid the tourists and discover an authentic Thailand, which still exists if you know where to look, create your perfect adventure with ETG.
How to rediscover authentic Thailand?
- Stay at heritage hotels and in local communities for an authentic perspective.
- Discover lesser known islands, ETG know where they’re hidden.
- Enjoy luxury resorts with great sustainability credentials and a barefoot atmosphere.
- Hop on sleeper trains from north to south and immerse in the less travelled beauty of Thailand.
- Visit reserves like Thale Noi to see remarkable wildlife.
- Spend time by the Andaman Sea on uncrowded, paradise beaches yet to be discovered.
An ETG family holiday in Thailand is all about your personal wishes. You may want cities like Bangkok or Chiang Mai in the mix, festivals might be your thing or perhaps you want to focus on the country’s astonishing marine or national parks. Call ETG on 0203 993 0597 to discuss your dreams and get a bespoke quote.